Legend Kingdom Come
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend Kingdom Come

Welcome to a world of Royalty, Knights, Wizards and all that come with the Middle ages.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forest Near Carpatus
Beside Lake Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:40 am by LadyLilliAschuill

» The Cold Wind Rounds
Beside Lake Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm by Queen Cassandra

» Misery Enjoys Company [Iago’s Chambers; Azazel; Plague Era]
Beside Lake Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:25 am by King Oberon

» Angie's Banners
Beside Lake Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:49 pm by LadyLilliAschuill

» I'M BACK!!
Beside Lake Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:53 pm by Queen Cassandra

» A Odd, Bizarre Blurry Day
Beside Lake Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:55 pm by Queen Cassandra

» Ichabod’s Bedroom
Beside Lake Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:10 am by King Oberon

» Captured Behind Enemy Lines
Beside Lake Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:18 am by Queen Cassandra

» Joust Tournament
Beside Lake Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:12 pm by Princess Desdemona

Top posters
Queen Cassandra
Beside Lake I_vote_lcapBeside Lake I_voting_barBeside Lake I_vote_rcap 
DQ Genevieve
King Oberon
Princess Desdemona
LadyLilliAschuill
Elektra
Rozen_Maiden
Illyria_wants_foooood!
Albel Nox
Kirlan
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
Hogwarts Founders Trimanthia Kingdom RolePlayGateway Superville

Hogwarts: The Next Generation

Beside Lake

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive
Name: Genevieve, Alida, Bavona, Hilda, Jahan V, Arnulf, Vémundr, Aemilia, Ashza, Weilew, Panthea, Otto, Chloris, Amsel, Ramerna and Sister Eenra
Love?: In love

Beside Lake Empty
PostSubject: Beside Lake   Beside Lake Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:46 am

Beside Lake 3541845
(from shore)

Beside Lake Alidaslake
(dragon's eye view)

Beside Lake Forestclearing
(home sweet home)

Last edited by Merci on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive
Name: Genevieve, Alida, Bavona, Hilda, Jahan V, Arnulf, Vémundr, Aemilia, Ashza, Weilew, Panthea, Otto, Chloris, Amsel, Ramerna and Sister Eenra

Beside Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beside Lake   Beside Lake Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:50 am

The lake was a placid sheet of blue, high peaks reflecting in its dark clean waters. Trees arrayed in deepest green and brown fringed the edge of the southern bank, while nothing save earth and mountain's dared hem in the wild northern bank.

Upon the southern bank there was a cleared area. This clearing having obviously been made by the only creature imaginable with massive claws and teeth, as the trees had been uprooted from the ground and gently set into a fence of sorts. Tied in place with long coils of twisted branches, the trees surrounded the living area of a very neat and tidy dragoness and her companion.

Within the fence, which only surrounded up until the lake, where it faded away into the water, there were two separate beds, one large and made of pulverized tree trunks and the other much smaller and softer. A fire pit in the centre for cooking meals and a large storage area finished the camp along with various boating equipment.

Sitting beside her bed, in almost a feline manner, Alida yawned loudly. Her thick tail was wrapped around her armoured legs and occasionally rose and fell in her boredom.

She had just finished a delightful swim, only just having pulled the last bit of lake plant life from her sword-like teeth. The prospect of another dive was rather appealing, but Alida only indulged in two swims a day. Already having one, the other would be saved for that night.

For a moment, she looked around, wondering what to do. A flight would be ideal. Unfolding her heavy wings, she shook them and lifted herself up into the blue sky.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive
Name: Oberon, Iago, Yorick, Lani, Loki, Stephen III
Love?: Married

Beside Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beside Lake   Beside Lake Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:26 pm

Lani approached the clearing which she and her companion, the dragon named Alida, called home. She walked with a spring in her step, which was nothing new: rarely did the young woman let anything bother her. However, there was a different reason for being in a good mood: the traps she'd set out the day before had ensnared what would be her and some of Alida's meals for the day. What's more, the pelts could be used to make blankets. They would need to be pieced together, and couldn't really be sold for much of anything to the rare caravan she came across (with no small amount of trepidation, she might add), but the blanket would serve its purpose. Not that she really needed another one... her bed was nice and soft, and when she slept in it it was wonderfully warm despite the evening chill of the seasons.

A pouch attached the shortest of her skirts - the one on the topmost layer - seemed about full to bursting. Such a thing wouldn't be far from the truth. There was enough safe, wild mushrooms and naturally-growing culinary plants for a stew if she was so inclined to prepare one.

Upon reaching the campsite and not finding Alida on the ground-level vicinity, Lani looked to the skies. Sure enough: Alida's form was immediately recognizable to her. Smiling, Lani deposited the pelts near her bed and secured the meat from her catches far enough away from the prying eyes, noses, claws, and teeth of other animals. Then she headed toward her favorite, sturdy oak. After the work she'd accomplished, it was high time for some relaxation.

Leaning against the trunk of the tree, standing on a thick branch rather high up in the air, Lani smiled again upon spotting Alida. She observed the dragon's flight for a moment longer before placing the clay ocarina she always carried with her to her lips. A gentle breeze ruffled her already messy curly locks as she began to play.
Back to top Go down
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive

Beside Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beside Lake   Beside Lake Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:16 pm

Alida's keen hearing picked up the faint melody and a dragon's shriek of pleasure escaped her scaly lips. No doubt several villagers in the nearby plain, shuddered momentarily at the awful sound, but to a dragon it was a subtle as a child's laugh.

Diving into the lake, Alida flapped her wings in a circle as she emerged; a huge wave wrapping itself around her in a glorious shower of strength. Falling back into the water, she laid on her back and spit, in fountain fashion, a stream of water high into the air. All the while, swimming by the gentle flick of her strong tail, Alida winked up at Lina in her tree.

"A dragon swimming in the lake spotted a wren within an oak... not a fiddle or harp, with it she sung and laughter to the ear."
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

Beside Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beside Lake   Beside Lake Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 1:12 am

Lani had a hard time keeping in tune with the melody as she watched Alida dive into the lake and spitting water not unlike a fountain she'd seen in her village birthplace once. But she persevered, giving Alida a return wink she may or may not have seen from the distance. Then again, as Lani made certain to note well, dragons had excellent senses.

Finishing her tune, the young woman let the instrument drop from her hands as it was securely tied about her neck by a cord. Innocently she dangled her legs over one end of the sturdy branch that held her aloft in the air. "A wren dually spies a dragon enjoying a swim, and bids her majestic form joyous tidings," Lani replied, merriment coating every word.

"A pleasant flight you had, I hope? Anything interesting beyond our blessed Dorpha?" she inquired curiously. Ever since she'd gotten comfortable with the idea of living with a dragon did Lani ask questions such as this. And, in the event a caravan happened to be passing nearby, she tended to make note not to travel in that direction until they'd passed. Yet not even caravaners could coax her to leave the beauty of the lake and nearby ground in which Lani and Alida called home.
Back to top Go down
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive

Beside Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beside Lake   Beside Lake Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:21 am

Alida chuckled, roaring out her laughter over the water and the rising mountains. It was a beautiful day and she felt all had become hers to enjoy and savour. With barely a ripple, she slipped back under the water, her scaly eyes peering up through the clean water as she swam.

Even within the water, Alida saw and heard Lani within the branches. The pleasant tune halted and her head punched through the water's thin crust to grace the bluer air above it.
"Said dragon enjoyed both her swim and flight." she chortled, sneezing water all over Lani in a jesting manner. "But Wren's sweet music was a pleasant delight." Alida, half-closed her eyes and climbed out of the water, her scales each shining in the bright sunlight and dripping dry in the warm breeze.

"Hardly a grass out of place, little one." she stated, tearing a tree up to scratch a out of reach itch with. The long gnarled roots served as perfect talons with with to relieve the frustration. "Although it would appear that smoke is in the wind; death in the fields, or perhaps the road." she ceased scratching and tossed the tree high into the air. It crashed into the water with a mighty splash and she lazily watched it sink beneath the lapping waves.

"Does the wee wren desire some small form of distraction?" she purred, grinning her dagger teeth into a mischievous grin.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

Beside Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beside Lake   Beside Lake Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 5:03 am

Lani watched Alida's swim beneath the lake's surface, a grin upon her graceful features when her 'sister' emerged. A squeal of delight escaped the woman as she was almost immediately splashed head to toe with water from a jovial draconic sneeze. "I'm happy to hear that," Lani replied with a giggle despite being all wet. She didn't mind in the least, though did take a moment to wring the water from her long brown tresses. However she still listened intently to the words of her companion, barely flinching at the sound of a tree being uprooted. The woman had become accustomed to the sound and found it hardly out of the ordinary.

She was glad to hear not a grass was out of place, though disturbed slightly by the smoke in the distance. Was there a fire perhaps in the villages nearby, Lani wondered? She hoped not, for Alida was seen as the villages' protector... the last thing Lani wanted was for them to lose faith because of hardship. She'd been down the hopeless road once before, and knew it was not a pleasant state to be in. Lani watched the tree as it was tossed into a watery resting place with wonder-filled eyes.

The young lady of seventeen years was about to ask if bandits would've likely caused the smoke and death Alida spoke of, but her attention was diverted from such a worrisome topic by Alida's inquiry and mischievous grin. Without delay, Lani too pinned a mischievous grin upon her face. "I would welcome any activity we might do together. What does my sister have in mind?" Lani asked with a playful ring to her tone and a light cascade of laughter.
Back to top Go down
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive

Beside Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beside Lake   Beside Lake Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:26 pm

Alida laughed, her voice carrying the deep rumble to ripple over the water and trees. "I am always delighted to hear your laugh, sweet wren." she purred, stretching her long scaly wings.

Her keen eyes glanced out across the water again, looking for something out of place, something to perhaps take her mind from the ravages of the world. It irked her that Lani wanted to go where there was possible danger, but not enough to truly bother her. She was a dragon, easily irked, easily placated... by some.

"My back is yours. Climb well." Alida instructed, despite the lack of need. Lani had ridden many times and no doubt knew by now not to step certain places since Alida was ticklish.
"My mind I see to go forth and give you my eyes." she offered, crouching down for the girl to mount her and so that she could get a startling leap in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beside Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beside Lake   Beside Lake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beside Lake
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legend Kingdom Come :: The Kingdom of Alrania :: The Out Skirts :: Dorpha Lake-
Jump to: