Legend Kingdom Come
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend Kingdom Come

Welcome to a world of Royalty, Knights, Wizards and all that come with the Middle ages.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forest Near Carpatus
The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:40 am by LadyLilliAschuill

» The Cold Wind Rounds
The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm by Queen Cassandra

» Misery Enjoys Company [Iago’s Chambers; Azazel; Plague Era]
The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:25 am by King Oberon

» Angie's Banners
The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:49 pm by LadyLilliAschuill

» I'M BACK!!
The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:53 pm by Queen Cassandra

» A Odd, Bizarre Blurry Day
The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:55 pm by Queen Cassandra

» Ichabod’s Bedroom
The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:10 am by King Oberon

» Captured Behind Enemy Lines
The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:18 am by Queen Cassandra

» Joust Tournament
The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:12 pm by Princess Desdemona

Top posters
Queen Cassandra
The Rose Gardens I_vote_lcapThe Rose Gardens I_voting_barThe Rose Gardens I_vote_rcap 
DQ Genevieve
The Rose Gardens I_vote_lcapThe Rose Gardens I_voting_barThe Rose Gardens I_vote_rcap 
King Oberon
Princess Desdemona
LadyLilliAschuill
Elektra
Rozen_Maiden
Illyria_wants_foooood!
Albel Nox
Kirlan
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
Hogwarts Founders Trimanthia Kingdom RolePlayGateway Superville

Hogwarts: The Next Generation

The Rose Gardens

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive
Name: Cassie, Cara, Liam, Will, Elchanan, Arianna, Lyra and Anna
Love?: Married

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:14 pm

The Rose Gardens Hana09

Welcome to the Rose Gardens
Back to top Go down
https://legendkingdomcome.rpg-board.net
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:07 am

Cara sat in her favorite spot high up in a tall sturdy oak tree, she had wanted time alone away form her over bearing nursemaid, honestly they got more and more annoying with each passing day.

Frazzled cries form said nursemaids could be heard from across the garden, calling her name.

"I need a new name, princess Cara has been used so much it is old" she muttered as she rested agaist the large tree trunk, enjoying the flower filled smell of the gardens.
Back to top Go down
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive
Name: Genevieve, Alida, Bavona, Hilda, Jahan V, Arnulf, Vémundr, Aemilia, Ashza, Weilew, Panthea, Otto, Chloris, Amsel, Ramerna and Sister Eenra
Love?: In love

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:22 am

The Dowager Queen resisted the urge to smile as she and two of her ladies maids entered the rose gardens and heard the princess' nurses calling for her.
Approaching them, she simply motioned to be left alone and the nurses along with the ladies maids quickly vacated the gardens. At times such natural power was pleasant.

Coming to stand directly under the tree, she looked up, blue eyes scanning for her granddaughter. Her staff tapped against the trunk of the tree, to alert the girl of her presence and her face was a careful set feature of curiosity.

"May I have a moment of your time, Cara?" she asked, as if addressing some great lady of the court. In her limited but pleasant experience with children, most enjoyed being treated as though they were adults.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:56 am

Cara beamed when she saw her grandmother at the base of her tree and nodded to her.

"Oh course Grandmother, you may always have some of my time" she said happily. So her her grandmother wouldn't have to cram her neck to see or talk to her. She decided to come down to the ground.

"Just let me come down" she said as she carefully made her desent.

Once she got to the lowest branch, which was about 5 feet from the ground, she danged form it for a moment and dropped. landing with a small oomf on her feet. Competely unharmed.

Rising to her feet her cursied to her and smiled at her grandmother. "You wished to see me Grandmother?"
Back to top Go down
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive
Name: Genevieve, Alida, Bavona, Hilda, Jahan V, Arnulf, Vémundr, Aemilia, Ashza, Weilew, Panthea, Otto, Chloris, Amsel, Ramerna and Sister Eenra

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:07 am

Despite the calm expression Genevieve's face gave despite her granddaughter's descent to earth, the queen was close to whipping the child from danger with a long tendril of shadow. She restrained herself however and gave a short sigh of relief when the child stood undamaged before her.

"Trees are for birds and squirrels, Cara." she stated seriously, her tone leaving very little room for levity. Her stern blue eyes still resting on Cara, she pulled the ornately carved wooden box from seemingly mid-air and her expression softened as she held it out. Both the box and the carved horse within it had been made especially for the child.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 4:43 am

Cara bit back a remark to defend her action s for going up to the trees, it was because it was meant for bird and squrriles only that she went up there. If everyone climbed trees like she did what was the point in going up there to seek solitude?

Her thoughts were interupted however when her grandmother handed her a box, it was beautifully crafted and curiousity went alight in her blue eyes as carefully opened the box.

Inside she saw a pewrfectly made figurine of a horse, she liked horses, she love to run with the wind with them, about as close to freedom as she was going to get.

" It is perfect Grandmother, Thank you!" she said with a big smile. Then she seemed to be debating something, she looked around the garden to make sure no annoying nursemaid were there to drag her away.

When it appeared the coast was clear, she gently wrapped her arms arounf her grangmothers waist and hugged her but a moment before she pulled away For she was unsure of she was allowed to do that or not.

"Thank you.." she said agian much quieter this time.
Back to top Go down
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:11 am

It warmed Genevieve's heart to hear the child say she liked the gift, even to the point claiming it to be linked to perfection, though she knew this to be hyperbole. After all, nothing was perfect that had been made by mortal hands.

"You are most welcome." she murmured softly, her attention turning slightly from Cara as a large raven perched on the lower branch of the tree the princess had vacated. Death was often symbolized with the raven and it startled her. But before she could allow herself the time needed to calm herself, she felt small arms wrap around her waist in a careful embrace. Stiffening by habit more so than want, Genevieve was touched by the gesture. For a moment in time, she almost reached out to return the gesture of affection, but stayed it to simply nod.

"Has your mother yet told you of my desire to take you on a journey?" she asked, assuming the child had already been informed, but asking nonetheless. The raven cawed in the background and Genevieve desired nothing more than to strike it, ending its vain life and cruel hinting.
"Have you before learned of the raven?" Genevieve pondered aloud, her gaze flitting back to Cara.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:35 am

Cara smiled and held the box securly in her hands.

She nodded at the question, "Yes Mother mentioned something about going somewhere with you this morning" she she said with a nod. " Look forward to it" she said with a smile.

Then she noticed the unese off her grandmother and turned her gaze to where her grandmother had been looking.

"A Raven? I have been told about them... they are here all year round, and they could sybulize a bad omen" she said as she offered her limited knowlegde on the bird.

"Why do you ask Grandmother?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:47 am

Genevieve smiled at the girl's candour. The frank innocence of a child was something that lifted her own spirits.

"Preparations are underway even now. But it shall not be a short journey. Two days for our arrival, I should think, though it has been many years since my last time and for perhaps a week we shall stay." She had not mentioned this fact to Cassandra and now wondered how long the queen had thought the trip would take. No doubt Oberon would set forth the facts when she went to him, but Genevieve knew she should have said more details, thus to prevent any misunderstandings, which she hated.

"Or death, Cara." she murmured, pushing the thought away and trying her best to look beyond the bird. "If Death came to my bench, would you desire me to sit upon it?" It was perhaps a deep question for a child, but she decided Cara was far more intelligent than the average child.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 4:02 pm

Cara blinked, she was ecited to go on a long trip with her gandmother she had not ventured far from the castle before, and it would amazing to see the world out side her door.

"The trip sounds great Grandmother, I am ecited, I have never been that far from the castle before. It should be a great adventure" she said.

At her grandmothers rather complicted question, her face went serious as she thought about it. It took her a while to wrap her mind around it, and even then she was not sure if she understoodfully.

She felt as though her Grandmother was testing her.

Her mother had always said she was her fathers daughter, brave and bold....

"I do not fear death, more so the unlived life I would have in trying to avoid it." she said hesitantly. It was a truthful answer, she didn't fear dieing.

Did not mean she wanted to die anytime soon, she knew her death would casue great pain to her family should it happen. She didn't want that. But she feared the stenching life she would have to live if she didn't live it to it fullest and that meant climbing high trees and watching the sun rise.
Back to top Go down
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 8:22 pm

Glad to hear her granddaughter was looking forward to the trip, Genevieve listened for the answer. It did not surprise her that Cara gave one that sounded older than her few years.
"Well said." she stated, a brief smile flickering on her lips. Of course most grandmother's where proud that their grandchildren were intelligent... but being a member of royalty, Genevieve's approval carried more weight than that of the average cooing woman. And she did not give praise lightly.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:52 pm

Cara smiled this time, though it was more like her mothers soft smile and not her fathers grin. She curtied agian feeling honored by her Grandmothers approval.

"Thank you Grandmother.." she said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:50 pm

Genevieve nodded to her, noticing that the nurse maids and ladies in waiting were slowly reentering the gardens. No doubt it was time for one or both of them to do something other than what they were currently engaged in.
"Shall we begin our trip today or tomorrow?" she asked the young girl, curious as to her opinion.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:47 am

Cara sighed when she saw the nurse maids returning no donbt get scolded for running away from them.

She thought for a moment, the impatient child side of her wanted to this minute, but she needed to talk with her father first, she needed to ask him someting.

"Perhaps tomorrow would alright? I want to go today but I need to ask father something" she said as she moved her body slightly more to the left to be more out of site from her nursemaids.
Back to top Go down
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:30 am

Genevieve was heartened to hear that Cara desired to speak to Oberon before leaving. It showed good character to seek parental guidance, if one's parents were worthy of seeking out. Tomorrow would be well.

"Yes, that suits me very well. Enjoy the rest of your day, my dear." she smiled, allowing a rare term of endearment. Nodding to the ladies maids who had no doubt been shrieked at by Lady Mamya and had therefore returned to beg pardon, she turned away and made her way out of the gardens.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive
Name: Oberon, Iago, Yorick, Lani, Loki, Stephen III

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:23 am

(different day from above)

Baron Yorick made his way around the rose gardens with a lazy gait. Of course, at the advanced age of one-hundred and six (though he looked no older than mid sixties to late seventies), one would surely adopt a leisurely type of walk as well! Admittedly, if there were just reason to increase the speed of his pace he would do so to the extent his body would allow. However, being amidst flowers was rather different than being around a company of armed men on horseback.

His sorcerer, Iago, had decided to stay in his chambers in order to work on preparing the monthly tonic Yorick was to take if he wanted to keep an appearance far younger than his actual age. That was perfectly fine by Yorick... let the servant of sorts muddle through the difficult task, whilst he enjoy himself with examining nature's beauty.

However, there was one beauty of nature that the gardens could not provide. This was because said beauty was a young woman. One Princess Desdemona, of the kingdom of Lancaster, whom he was scheduled to wed in a few fleeting months. Yorick had received word from Alastair that his youngest daughter was visiting her sister here in Alrania.

What better way or time to begin getting acquainted with his bride to be? This was what Yorick had actually said to Alastair. Desdemona's being a daughter of royalty would surely mean an increase in social status for him. Not to mention she was rather easy on the eyes. Yorick silently mused upon what other assets the young princess also possessed...
Back to top Go down
Princess Desdemona
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
Princess Desdemona

Personal Archive
Name: Desdemona

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:16 pm

The Princess was reading, rather laxly, on a stone bench.

There are some who, like one of Desdemona's tutors in Lancaster, would be horrified at the thought of bringing a book outdoors and subjecting it too the hardships of the outside.

But Desdemona didn't care.

She enjoyed the gardens and didn't understand why a book shouldn't be able to as well.

In any case, she was enjoying the book as well.

So engrossed was she in her book that she didn't notice someone approach.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 1:08 am

It was then that Yorick spied a stone bench ahead. An occupied one. While he had only met his intended once or twice before, and had a portrait to go by, the Baron was certain this young lady was the very one he'd been pondering about. So fair... so serene... the portrait he had hardly did the girl justice.

"I cannot think of a more beautiful place... in which to find a more beautiful woman," he commented once he was several feet from the bench, smiling in what he considered to be an outgoing manner. "A most pleasant day to you, my dear lady."
Back to top Go down
Princess Desdemona
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
Princess Desdemona

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:31 pm

Desdemona jumped at the sound of an intruding voice and immediately looked up to see who it was. She tried not to look so upset whence she found that it was her promised fiancee that broke her quiet serenity.

As a young girl, she fantasied about marrying someone she loved - just like in fairy-tales - however marrying someone simply because it was convent in status or fortunes or whatnot wasn't exactly her idea of a romance. She hated this arrangement more than anything, and hated the Baron for even suggesting it to her father. It of course did not help that the Baron had a less than... saintly reputation.

However, she was a princess, and she was bound to the duties it placed upon her as her birthright. And part of her duty was to act like princess. That - to put it simply - was to be civil to everyone.

"And good day to you too, Sir," Desdemona said. Though her tone was not unfriendly, it was a long stretch to call it warm. It was disregarding, and as if to prove her point, she dropped her gaze and continued on to the book.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 1:49 am

Yorick blinked with a slight surprise at having caught the young lady unawares, but recovered from it and gave her his most charming smile. The one he'd used in his boyhood and youth to wheedle his way into or out of any situation.

To him, marriage was many things. It led to greater power, status, and wealth; and demonstrated accomplishment in the world. For most, it also ensured there would be heirs to take over their lands once they passed. For Yorick, with the help of his sorcerer, there would be no need for heirs. He would live forever, becoming ever wiser and more cunning as his years advanced whilst the flesh's progress reversed. At his side would be what every man craved: a woman loyal only unto them, the pair bound in holy matrimony. He had had such a woman some great amount of years ago... approximately fifty-five years ago, in fact, and had not found another fit enough by his standards to ask for their hand.

Until he'd spied young and delicate Desdemona... A youthful bride to share a new, younger incarnation of himself with. He realized not all marriages were for love, but by now he knew a few methods to keep near those reluctant to stay.

Yorick nodded upon being acknowledged, disregarding the fact it was far from a warm welcome. She would come around, of that he felt very certain. "Might I join thee?" he inquired. Though, if truth be told, he would sit beside her whether she allowed it or not. The Baron was merely going through the motions of courtesy.
Back to top Go down
Princess Desdemona
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
Princess Desdemona

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:10 am

Desdemona bit her lips. She did not want him to sit by her, in fact she did not want to be anywhere near him. She looked up at him, "I rather enjoy the silence." There a not-so-subtle hint that she wanted to be left alone.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Baron Yorick caught and understood her hint, but paid it no heed. "I too comprehend and enjoy the solace of silence..." he replied charmingly and sat beside her anyway, sighing with a kind of relief. "Perhaps we might find something valuable within this moment of stillness in voice shared."

With that said, he removed a book from a pocket upon his person and began to read as well. "... If you wish to recline, Milady, do not let my presence hinder you........." he whispered after a few moments, deliberately allowing the meaning of his words trail off.
Back to top Go down
Princess Desdemona
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
Princess Desdemona

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:03 pm

Desdemona did wish to recline but not in the presence of Sir Baron Yorick. She remained seated stiffly, his proximity making her feel very uncomfortable.

She attempted to continue reading but found that she could not read past one sentence. She sighed and decided to take a more... direct approach. "Baron, I do not want to seem rude, but I do wish to be alone... you do understand don't you? In a life of a noble, how being alone seems to be a privilege and I do try and enjoy the privilege whenever I have the opportunity to."
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:10 pm

Truth be told, Baron Yorick was not reading. Instead, he was gauging the actions of his bride-to-be. Her stiff posture told him that she was merely nervous... perhaps about what was surely to be her first marriage. 'Yes, read. It shall soothe thy thoughts,' he mused as she once again took up her own tome. To keep up pretenses, Yorick turned the page in his book and continued the facade of reading.

When she spoke, Yorick glanced in her direction and silently closed his book. "But you are relatively alone, dear princess. We are alone, together, for all intents and purposes. However, yes: I have often desired solitude," replied the Baron, though allowed a slight pause. "Yet... are we ever truly alone? We have our guards and companions, and even from afar do sentries keep watch. One need not see them in order to know they are indeed there."

"Besides, it might do us well to get accustomed to each other's presences... what with our wedding day fast approaching in the few months hence," the Baron added as an afterthought, aged lips curling into what he considered a reassuring smile. However, he looked rather more likely to be concocting something sinister as opposed to radiating comfort. The wedding was scheduled for at most six months from now. Baron Yorick considered six months to be little more than the blink of an eye, what with all of his one-hundred or so years.
Back to top Go down
Princess Desdemona
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
Princess Desdemona

Personal Archive

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:56 pm

Desdemona chose to ignore his question, it was rhetorical after all, and she found him to be rather patronizing. She was well aware of the people in the Castle and did not quite appreciate the lecture. His smile to be all but reassuring, in fact it raised the hair's on spine and she subconsciously edged away from him.

Married to the Baron in six months. Six short months. Desdemona was indeed young and the days do seem longer to the youth however, one will find a dreaded date to be much closer than a date to look forward to. It might be a blink to the Old Baron but for Desdemona it was even shorter.

"That is something I'd actually like to talk to you about." Desdemona said putting her book in her dress pocket. "If you don't mind me speaking in a bold manner that is." There are actually some at court who would, and Desdemona would much rather speak honestly and if she couldn't, well she'd rather not speak at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Rose Gardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose Gardens   The Rose Gardens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rose Gardens
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next