Legend Kingdom Come
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend Kingdom Come

Welcome to a world of Royalty, Knights, Wizards and all that come with the Middle ages.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forest Near Carpatus
Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:40 am by LadyLilliAschuill

» The Cold Wind Rounds
Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm by Queen Cassandra

» Misery Enjoys Company [Iago’s Chambers; Azazel; Plague Era]
Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:25 am by King Oberon

» Angie's Banners
Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:49 pm by LadyLilliAschuill

» I'M BACK!!
Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:53 pm by Queen Cassandra

» A Odd, Bizarre Blurry Day
Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:55 pm by Queen Cassandra

» Ichabod’s Bedroom
Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:10 am by King Oberon

» Captured Behind Enemy Lines
Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:18 am by Queen Cassandra

» Joust Tournament
Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:12 pm by Princess Desdemona

Top posters
Queen Cassandra
Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 I_vote_lcapAzazel Ballroom - Page 2 I_voting_barAzazel Ballroom - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
DQ Genevieve
Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 I_vote_lcapAzazel Ballroom - Page 2 I_voting_barAzazel Ballroom - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
King Oberon
Princess Desdemona
LadyLilliAschuill
Elektra
Rozen_Maiden
Illyria_wants_foooood!
Albel Nox
Kirlan
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
Hogwarts Founders Trimanthia Kingdom RolePlayGateway Superville

Hogwarts: The Next Generation

Azazel Ballroom

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive
Name: Genevieve, Alida, Bavona, Hilda, Jahan V, Arnulf, Vémundr, Aemilia, Ashza, Weilew, Panthea, Otto, Chloris, Amsel, Ramerna and Sister Eenra
Love?: In love

Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azazel Ballroom   Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 2:25 am

"Perhaps she is blinded by that pain." she whispered, both daring to hope and forcing herself to regain her tight hold on herself. Despite her firm desire to set her wall back into its place before her face and to wrap its steel webbing around her, she only found herself gently leaning against Elchanan as the dance continued. His scent was intoxicating and she finally gave up fighting herself.

It did not matter to her if the whole court saw her dancing quite closely with her brother-in-law, it did not matter if they saw her head now resting against his chest, or her hand drop her gown's edge to wrap around his waist. She only wanted what brief comfort the man before her could give. Even if it was only a moment and a stolen one at that.

That was what she was after all... a shadow. Had she no right to be comforted by a fellow wraith.

"Do not tempt me with what I cannot have, cannot keep..." she whispered, her voice trembling. "My roots have been long without water and my final leaves cannot stand the wind's cruel beating. Torment me not." It was a court poem, long ago sung in the halls of her grandfather. But Genevieve only said it due to lack of her own words.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive
Name: Cassie, Cara, Liam, Will, Elchanan, Arianna, Lyra and Anna
Love?: Married

PostSubject: Re: Azazel Ballroom   Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:08 am

Elchanan slowly breathed out when Genevieve pulled herself closer to him, and his almost without thinking wrapped his arms around her most protectively.

"May she be given a moments peace to see again" he murmured, his chin just at her forehead. He wondered how it would feel to kiss the forehead of hers...

But he was content with was happeneing now and his hand pressed lightly on her back. "Shhh, it will be alright" he simply said quietly.
Back to top Go down
https://legendkingdomcome.rpg-board.net
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive
Name: Genevieve, Alida, Bavona, Hilda, Jahan V, Arnulf, Vémundr, Aemilia, Ashza, Weilew, Panthea, Otto, Chloris, Amsel, Ramerna and Sister Eenra

PostSubject: Re: Azazel Ballroom   Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:36 am

A smile lit her face as she felt Elchanan's arms wrap around her. Already she felt a good deal better than she had felt in a long time.
"Oh I do believe you are capable of that..." she whispered, turning her head so that he could hear her. The steady rhythm of his heart beat soothed her and comforted her. Nothing else mattered. And she closed her eyes. No one cared what they were doing. No doubt the rest of the nobility and royalty were engaged in meaningful conversations and dancing themselves. What were a dowager queen and the king's advisor to happy couples? In the public they were concealed in a shroud of indifference.
Genevieve tightly grasped Elchanan's tunic, wishing with every fibre in her being that she could believe him. But it was too simple to simply believe all would be well. For now it would do... but no longer than that moment. Tomorrow all would return to its usual agony and the comfort would be lost within a flood of grief.
"If only it was."
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: Azazel Ballroom   Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:13 pm

Elchanan gently moved his hand on her back to soothe her even more, how he wished he could make her pain go away and never return, she needed peace so much. He had slowed there dance down even more to the point where they merely swayed to the music.

"It will be... one day, I swear it.. one day the world will not be as dark or as cold as it is now... One day peace, and I hope warmth will come" he wished to her in a low voice. For did not want to loose all hope, it was time to try an pull her out of the kazim she seemed to had fallen in. Promise that he would not let her fall back in it, never should a pain like this rest on her shoulders forever.
Back to top Go down
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: Azazel Ballroom   Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:08 pm

She looked up from his chest, noting every feature of his face, memorizing them and embedding them deeply into her memory. Drawing his face would suddenly be simple, every detail something she felt she needed to be able to capture. No one, not even Wodon had ever seen her drawings, but only the things she enjoyed most dearly found themselves amid the papers.

"It will be so..." she murmured, reaching up with her hand to gently touch his weathered cheek. "All will be as you have said. I shall hope in that coming sunlight."
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: Azazel Ballroom   Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:48 pm

Elchanan blinked and his eyes widened slightly when her hand brushed his cheek, he had not expected the affection in return. He was no one to her....

He looked at her returning her gaze... Could it be true that she could even have a small amount of feelings for him... A shadow of his damnable brother.

"It warms my heart to hear you say that" he said quietly.
Back to top Go down
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: Azazel Ballroom   Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:26 pm

Her chest was beginning to tighten from the movement, despite the fact they were not really dancing any longer, but she ignored it. The moments of comfort for her soul was more important than her physical comfort.

For a flashing thought she contemplating kissing him, but decided against it. Perhaps she would regret it later when she was feeling more like herself... or perhaps she would take too much comfort in it and not be able to return to herself. For whatever reason, she kept herself from kissing him and instead gently pushed against him to continue their dance. If they were still for too long, Genevieve did not trust herself to remain together.

"I am glad."
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive
Name: Oberon, Iago, Yorick, Lani, Loki, Stephen III

PostSubject: Re: Azazel Ballroom   Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:00 pm

Oberon returned a neutral smile to Elektra and inclined his head in a gesture of greeting. A hidden concern flickered in his mind when he noticed the noble pale even though she was already fair of skin to begin with. “Our gratitude for your gracious invitation and welcoming, Duchess Elektra,” he replied though wasn’t quite sure how to take the peculiar emphasis he thought he heard. Perhaps it was just part of her accent. Before he could say another word the woman excused herself and the man whom, under different circumstances, Oberon would have thought was her husband the way they had appeared.

The king glanced to Cassie in neutral curiosity to see if she noticed the same thing he had.

After several moments, the gentleman whom had appeared with their hostess returned. Oberon bowed slightly in return when bowed to, listening as he and his family were lead to their seats. “And to you, Ambassador. I daresay the chill of the season aided in our refreshingly peaceful journey. Prithee, be it a God’s hand or clever sorcery what precipitated the change?” Oberon replied, his question light and curious.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Iago’s initial haste to appear at Elektra’s side was cut off by the fact that she was now leading the Carakleinian ambassador, Fersen, if he remembered correctly, away from the Alranian Royal Family. And so Iago ducked into another shadow of the hall, and hoped he could hear the conversation without looking too much like an eavesdropper. The sorcerer couldn’t help but wince at the sound of the smacking, though felt not for the other gentleman.

"What is the matter with you?!? I told you specifically to inform the royals that it was a ball strictly and specifically for adults only. Not children!"

The sorcerer understood the language spoken, for it was one he’d learned in his youth but lost touch with it until he’d begun serving Baron Yorick. Iago wondered, as she paced, whether the dance she was meant to perform wasn’t to be viewed by eyes so young upon her comments to Ambassador Fersen. He certainly wouldn’t mind if it were, yet the thought of everyone in the hall seeing such a dance... well, that part didn’t really set well with him.

As she continued to reprimand the fellow Carakleinian a raven eyebrow belonging to Iago quirked in curiosity. Elektra couldn’t handle having children near her? Of course, most children were noisy little brats in his eyes, but Iago thought this exclamation to be slightly odd. Her tears baffled him. Not since his boyhood had he cried, and even then such instances were few and far between. The sorcerer didn’t even flinch when Fersen was slapped a second time, but did wonder whether the man took the assault willingly or if he simply didn’t know any magics to prevent the blows.

”Khariza... What was I to tell them? 'Oh yes, sire, I do hope you and the Queen may attend, but please, leave the tots at home, will you?' ?"

”Yes!”

Despite her plight, Iago couldn’t help but snicker at that. It wasn’t her reaction but the fact the Ambassador hadn’t apparently anticipated it that he found comical. Then again, such a remark would likely offend a royal. In his experience some nobles were a rather touchy lot.

”Khariza, you are young. There is still plenty of time for you and this wish of your's to come true. In fact, just last month, your brother was discussing possible suitors for you. Many suitors."

A pensive countenance crossed Iago’s features as Fersen spoke of a wish Elektra desired, though didn’t say precisely what it was. Though, given the fact they’d just been speaking of children... no... she desired a child? Thoughts of a night not at all long ago ran through the sorcerer’s mind, and it took all of his self-control to keep from reliving the memory. It could very well be possible that he left Elektra with a child... but he’d rather not think about that. It was just one night. Such things did not occur overnight, and it would cause both of them to be in a tight spot if such thoughts came to pass.

Iago’s face contorted into a scowl at the mention of suitors, though being hidden from view obviously did little to make his opinions on the matter known. What business was it of Elektra’s brother to decide upon a new suitor for her? Many times in history had he heard of women ruling in their own right. It wasn’t quite as common as the rule of men, but it did happen...

"Is that so, Ambassador? Well then tell my brother that he and all his suitors can go to hell! If I do remarry, It will be of a man of my choosing! I served Caraklein's interest with my first marriage. I have done more than enough of what is my duty!"

Iago’s lips twisted into a smirk at her words even though upon Elektra’s finishing statement she’d stormed off. The ‘man of her choosing’ would without a doubt be him, and for that he was grateful and... well, he couldn’t quite define the other feeling. But it was a pleasing sensation to know one is wanted for more than just to prolong a life and being constantly used for one’s prowess in Dark magic. Yet, Iago knew Yorick’s want of him had nothing to do with fatherly bonds. The fool didn’t even know he had survived! But Elektra... certainly she cared about what he knew, but he could tell by her eyes and his previous friendship with her while she was still the wife of Duke Posol that it was more than just his brains that she admired. She was the first true friend he’d ever had since apprenticing himself to the dark wizard Melanthios.

As Fersen went on his way, Iago stepped out from the shadows and approached Elektra in earnest this time. Her back was to him, but that was hardly a deterrent. The sorcerer had every intention of placing his hands on her and murmur a greeting, but what was he to say, knowing what he now knew? It was rather... uncomfortable... for him, knowing she desired a child. Never previously had he thought of marriage, considering the taint of his father too unclean to curse yet another generation with. He doubted Elektra would consider marrying him at any rate, for he was nothing more than a sorcerer to the world at present, and even afterward would be nothing more than a Baron. The rank of Duchess, or even her former title of Princess, far outranked his.

Still not certain what to say, Iago placed his hands upon Elektra’s shoulders. ”Pray tell what this sorcerer can do... to enchant a smile to brighten thy already indescribable beauty?” he whispered in fluent Carakleinian.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: Azazel Ballroom   Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:17 am

Cara giggled at her fathers statment about her brother wearing a dress, and Liam, well the poor young prince looked as if his father had just force fed him a lemon.

"Not funny Father..." he said with a kids version of a glare.

Cara still continued to giggle... "Yes it was" she whispered and sent a wink to her father.

They bowed though were confused with the Duchess sudden departure.

After which they throughly tried the best to behave as royals, and not the Kids they really were.
_______

Cassie arched her eye brow slightly at the Duchess, but as Oberon already reported the journy to Azazel place was pleasent she said nothing other then nod.

She caught Oberons courious glance, and gave him a look as if to say she didn't know what was astray.

Cassie kept a close eye on the children ready to correct any behavior if required.

To be polites Cassie said in a soft voice, "Azazel Palace is quite lovely Ambassador, it is beautiful" she said. It was quite a but smaller then there palace yes... but she had to admit elegant in its own way.
Back to top Go down
Elektra
Commoner
Commoner
Elektra

Personal Archive
Name: Elektra, Fersen, Theseus, Beatrix

PostSubject: Re: Azazel Ballroom   Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:40 am

After hearing Fersen's footsteps hurriedly scuttle off, Elektra took a glance behind her to see what the Ambassador was up to, only to scowl at his antics. Sure enough the fool had scuttled back to the Royal Family, most likely making apologies on her behalf. Honestly, they had some nerve, the Sorceress thought. Granted, Royal Children needed to be exposed to the Ballroom scene and learn how to interact in such a setting, but surely their Kingdom had it's own plethora of balls and celebrations. There was no need for the lot to come waltzing into her domain, showing off and gloating how utterly perfect their lives were.

"Fattyú..." she muttered lowly with a hiss of resentment as she closed her eyes, a few tears managing to slip through her crumbling guard and cascade down her face.

Elektra gave a start as she felt a pair of hands rest upon her shoulders, though slowly relaxed as she heard a familiar, gentle whisper cadence into her ear, slowly leaning into the touch. A small smile and light illuminated her features as she replied in the same whispered tone of their shared language, "Thy words and presence are more than enough to bring happiness." One hand quickly wiped away any evidence of tears from her face, as the other one came to rest upon Iago's hand that was resting on her shoulder, followed by a gentle caress upon the sorcerer’s hand.

Sapphire orbs scanned the area briefly, ensuring that they were away from prying eyes and gossiping mouths before Elektra tilted her head slightly to place a lingering kiss upon his cheek. His presence alone was enough to set the storm within her at ease.

...Until she realized just how close he may have been during her conversation with Fersen.

Despite recent occurrences in their relationship, all of which was absolute heaven and bliss to the sorceress, leaving her as grateful and content as she could be, Elektra felt no desire to share that one wish, and a silly one at that, with Iago. At least... not yet. Particularly after their recent night.

Thoughts of how awkward it may appear to Iago raged within her mind, followed by other possible interpretations her love may perceive, each worse than the last. What if he thought she had allowed what had happened in a scheme to somehow use him? Possibly to grant herself the future she had yearned for? What if he thought she had lied about everything she had told him? What if he thought she didn't mean anything by what had happened between them?

The thoughts of Iago feeling any of this made her rather nauseated, and to be honest, it... hurt. She had loved him for what felt like an eternity, and to have Iago possible think she had toyed with him was devastating, for every gesture, every touch, and every word had come from her very heart. A rarity indeed, coming from one born to deceive others, and play the game of life for their own benefit.

"How long has thou stood near?" she asked slowly, a mixed feeling of dread and embarrassment washing over her like a winter waterfall. The fact that Iago was not only rather close to the scene, but also the fact that he was fluent in Caraklei gave Elektra an abysmal feeling that she would dread his reply.

------------------------------------

Fersen paused a moment to contemplate his response to the King's question, debating which of the list of responses would be the best route. Given his years of training and experience as an Ambassador, such methods and thoughts of conversing, particularly with royalty. "Both, I suppose one could remark, but I daresay the Gods themselves are smiling upon this celebration, particularly as we are graced by your prescence, sire." he replied and complimented with a bow.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: Azazel Ballroom   Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:36 am

Oberon would have replied to Liam’s comment of his remark not being at all comical, but at that moment Fersen had returned to them so he had to make due with placing a hand briefly upon his children’s shoulders and snickering quietly.

He caught his wife’s return expression. So, she hadn’t seen anything unusual... that was good he supposed. Perhaps he’d read too much into the emphasis of the Duchess’s words. At Cassandra’s statement regarding the palace’s décor, Oberon merely nodded. He was no expert on interior décor, but if Cassie approved then so would he.

An incline of Oberon’s head was the initial response to Fersen’s words. “And thusly I pray they continue to smile upon the celebration, and grant favor upon all whom have prepared to host the event,” he returned with neutral congeniality.

---------------------------------------------

Iago felt slightly bad, yet also amused, at the fact he’d startled Elektra. Yet the thought of apologizing vanished when she relaxed and leaned into him. He couldn’t help but notice her tears, yet also knew the reason why from eavesdropping, but pretended not to have seen. Instead, he focused upon the pale feminine hand that was atop his and the caress that soon followed its arrival. ”One hopes and is glad to hear such things,” he murmured, caressing her shoulder in a returned gesture of affection. It was a discreet caress, which became not so hidden upon realizing that intruding pairs of eyes were far from them.

Dark eyes fluttered closed for to savor the kiss his recent love bestowed upon him. Iago returned the gesture after a furtive glance of his own to make certain none were watching. It pleased him to know – or rather assume – that his appearance seemed to make her unpleasant moments a bit more bearable. Then again, it could have just been a schooled mask of neutrality...

It wasn’t like they immediately shared all of their hopes and dreams with one another despite the progress made to their relationship. Though what they shared so far was... there were no words to describe it. Heavenly, blissful, glorious, affectionate, passionate: so many words could encompass different facets of the same idea. Their evening together left both contented and, on his part, completely exhausted from both his journey and the activities of their adventure. But Iago had not and would not complain.

Thoughts as to why what had occurred between them that night hadn’t crossed his mind. All he knew was that it had, and that he’d enjoyed every moment. Even the most fleeting thought and hope of another such evening made Iago wish the night would come swiftly. Their time together had been a guilty pleasure at first, for his social rank at birth and even now was so inferior to hers. Most others would consider their union a scandal. Nobles in his father’s court would likely label him as they would if his and Elektra’s genders were switched. Yet, at her side he could care less.

However, with this new information, Iago couldn’t help but feel a little self-conscious and awkward. He refused to believe the most logical of his theories within the manipulative category: that Elektra was using their newfound love as a means to become with child. Her kiss, their night together, and several other factors just didn’t quite ring true with that notion. Plus, unless he married her, a child born out of wedlock would have very little birthrights to rule.

Personally, though his heart was often as black as his robes, Iago hoped to have at least enough knowledge about this sort of thing to know that Elektra’s affections had been anything but false. Until he had motive for questioning her about it, Iago would keep silent about such possible plots and not think anymore of them.

Inwardly, Iago baulked at the question. If he were to be completely honest he would have to tell her he’d overheard the entire conversation... likely not something she’d enjoy hearing. The sorcerer didn’t want her to suspect him of spying on her, something he wasn’t necessarily trying to do, and have their steadily increasing relationship come crumbling down. It wouldn’t do well for him, or for Danothos’s relations with Azazel.

That was the only thing about courting the same person to whom one was also an ambassador...

”Only but a moment... long enough to see thee upset by a cause unbeknownst to me, and cause me to wisheth there may be some task that might be done to lift your spirits,” Iago somewhat lied, though truly wished there was something more he could do to cheer her.

”Perhaps, after this celebration, thou might dance solely for me once we are alone...” the sorcerer whispered heavily into her ear before placing a kiss at her temple.
Back to top Go down
Elektra
Commoner
Commoner
Elektra

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: Azazel Ballroom   Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:13 am

Fersen opened his mouth to reply, only to be interrupted by Theseus, upon his arrival. Like his brother, Theseus was dressed a bit formally than normal, though without the aspects and symbols of royalty. He was nicely dressed, yet not overwhelmingly, stiffly formal.

"What happened to Atticus? Here I was, looking forward to a nice vacation by the beachside, possibly get a tan, and now I find myself in the midst of Caraklein Jr. I know the Duchess wasn't a fan of a tan herself, but surely she could have complied, or at least warn us our vacation spot was to be obliviated..." Theseus chimed in. He had expected, and accompanied the family solely for the party, and the possibility of a beachside vacation, and was rather disappointed, not to mention rather cold, for this weather.

To his brother, he muttered in a low tone, "Though admittedly, a bit of a tan wouldn't hurt the Duchess, now would it? Might make her actually look human..." he snickered, elbowing his brother lightly in the ribs from his jest.

Fersen forced a smile upon his face. He was rather uncomfortable around these Royals, particularly as Theseus had pulled quite a few pranks on him during his Ambassador Apprenticeship days... "No, my lords, you see, the Duchess suffers from illness, caused by the former temperature of Atticus. The change was due to her health, I assure you..." Fersen replied levelly, bowing once more. It was a half-truth, granted, but the Ambassador felt a half-truth was better than no truth.

"Have your Majesties ever witnessed a Carakleinian Dance?" he inquired politely.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Sorceress shivered lightly at the gentle caress upon her shoulder, as well as the soft murmur escaping from Iago. A frosty chill enclosed the Carakleinian at her new love's returned kiss, as welcomed as a feeling of a blanket covering a shivering body after a venture off into the snow. Intoxicated by the feeling safety and bliss she felt in Iago's arms, she leaned into the contact, lightly resting her head against his chest.

A small part of Elektra wondered how Iago would react if ever she was to tell him of what she yearned for. Not that she ever would, for it was rather embarrassing for her to think of, much less admit, to the man she loved. While their relationship had reached heights Elektra never knew existed, she was not prepared, or willing to present herself as a fool to him, or repel him, leaving him to think she had toyed with him to beget a child.

In reality, however, there was little to fear in that department, for though she was in no way old, she was a bit older than most when it came to having a first child. From what she knew, and what Carakleinian healers told her, it would become more and more unlikely for her to become with child, with each passing year.

She nodded at Iago's reply to her inquiry, though couldn't help but feel that Iago wasn't being entirely truthful. The spat between her and Fersen hadn't been long, and it seemed Iago hadn't entered from very far. Perhaps he heard a bit more than he was letting on... The question was, how much?

However, determined to keep this previous issue regarding Fersen's blunder from spoiling this evening, Elektra forced herself to dispel any thoughts. The heart of her reasons for holding this ball was to reunite with the man who held her heart. It had nothing to do with the festering tidbits of a corpse also known as her husband. In fact, the dance she and the other Carakleinians were about to perform wasn't even one of honor, but rather celebration to the Duke's death, though any who weren't Carakleinian and did not understand the customs would not pick up on the ironic, inside joke.

The beating of her heart increased tri-fold at the hot breath against her ear, followed by the kiss at her temple. A light blush tinged her pale features as she nodded in reply with a soft smirk, whispering against his own ear, though not before pressing a kiss under it. "Your wish is my command, my lord..."

She hesitated a brief moment, due mainly from shyness, for she was rather lacking in experience, and was quite innocent in terms of certain aspects of life. Her blush tinged a slightly deeper shade before she shyly added in a whisper against Iago's ear. "Though I certainly hope at one point, we may dance together... when we are alone." she added with a bit of a low, seductive undertone, pressing a kiss to his neck.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: Azazel Ballroom   Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:23 pm

Oberon had to stifle the smile of amusement upon his face at his brother’s comments, both about the landscape and the Duchess herself, though did chortle lightly upon being lightly elbowed in the ribs. “Indeed,” he whispered to Theseus. Oberon would have made a return comment of wit regarding his brother’s wife and human appearances, but decided not to. His children, his wife, and the ambassador of Caraklein were present... not exactly the audience he would prefer to have before him whilst jesting in such a manner - even if only lightly - with his brother. For one thing, word could get back to Hilda... and then things would simply escalate from there.

“Perhaps we could show Cara and Liam how to build a snow fortress, and how to defend it...” he offered instead, glancing to the two youngsters not very far away. Though, as soon as he said it he thought about his son’s tendency to fall ill often. As long as Liam didn’t get too chilled and they were careful, perhaps the boy would be alright.

When Fersen again spoke, Oberon directed his full attention to the ambassador. For some reason a plethora of pranks that had been pulled on him came to mind. Whether this was because the king stood beside the culprit or because he was often an accomplice in said pranks was difficult to discern. The king nodded his understanding, having heard of how often climate-related illnesses affected the body. However, according to his readings, this climate remedy was in the reverse. “Then may this change continue to bring her good health,” he replied congenially.

The king thought a moment on the question. “I regret to say I do not believe I have, Ambassador,” Oberon answered, going through a mental inventory of functions and events to which he and Theseus had attended. For all he knew he could have attended one and just didn’t remember, a repercussion of being so young at the time. Without trying to make it seem obvious, Oberon looked to his wife and brother. Perhaps Theseus had gone to an event Oberon had for some reason missed, or maybe even Cassandra had seen a Carakleinian Dance while living in her father’s kingdom...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A soft sigh of contentment escaped the sorcerer at her leaning into his touch, heartbeat quickening slightly upon feeling her head resting against his chest. On one hand he worried what such open affection would cause for the both of them, yet on the other his thoughts wandered to not-so-pure ground. A chill of delight tingled down his spine from head to toe just thinking about her caresses, and how their position now was nearly identical to how they’d slept nights previous. A slight smile gently twisted his features as they stood in this moment of bliss.

Iago was glad she seemed satisfied by his answer, though if he wasn’t mistaken it seemed as though she was thinking about something. It would likely embarrass them both, for different reasons, had he told the truth: she’d never expressed a desire to have a child, and it wasn’t his place to eavesdrop though he had. Would he have continued with their night’s antics had he known? It was difficult to say. Yes, he loved her, but... children? The taint of his own father living on? Iago was on the fence about that.

Lips curled into a wider smile at Elektra’s kiss beneath his ear, and the whispered words that followed. His features too were a shade darker from his own variety of blushing. He had some experience in the aspect to which they spoke of in metaphor, though up until their night together not with anyone he held such affection for.

"Though I certainly hope at one point, we may dance together... when we are alone."

A soft chuckle escaped him, skin tingling in both areas he’d been kissed. The sorcerer leaned for to reply in a similar hushed but emotion-filled tone, “If I might have such a dance with one as graceful thee...” His trailing allowed for various interpretations to surface, though decided (after making sure there was still no one watching them) to clarify his words by leaning around to place a chaste kiss fully upon her lips.
Back to top Go down
Elektra
Commoner
Commoner
Elektra

Personal Archive

PostSubject: Re: Azazel Ballroom   Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Theseus grinned in reply, pleased to see that he had cracked a smile unto his brother's face. The journey to the prince had been rather dull, and miserable, particularly since he was not a fan of the cold at all, so it helped inject a bit of happiness unto him to see another happy as a result of him. "But I suppose I'm not exactly one to talk, eh? Considering what I'm married to?" he snickered, jesting quietly to his brother about his wife.

"I suppose." he replied grudgingly. "Even though I truly was looking forward to diving and getting a tan. Goodness knows I need one. I'm starting to look like a tuna fish!" he replied in mock-horror, pretending to examine the skin of his hand. "Why, if I don't get one soon, someone may mistake me for Fersen's twin!" he added, elbowing the Ambassador lightly in the ribs as well.

Fersen forced a smile on his face with ease only years of experience could grant him, releasing a low, light laugh. "Ah, Prince Theseus. I see thou still has thy sense of humour running strong."

Theseus beamed. "Indeed. No worries, though. I've left all the slime and gum at home." he winked at the ambassador, snickering as the older man paled even more at the memories of past pranks pulled on him during the younger years.
Fersen bowed lowly in thanks to the King's well-wishes. "On behalf of the Duchess, I thank thee, my liege. May the Gods keep thou and thy family all in good health."

Theseus shrugged in reply as well, signifying that he had yet to witness a Caraklein dance as well, causing Fersen to smile. "Ah, lovely. In that case, I hope thou shall enjoy the dance the Duchess and the visiting members of the Caraklein court perform. It is a rather difficult dance, demanding perfection, and takes quite a few years to learn, for one wrong step and the dance is ruined." He explained, not adding the fact that he himself was misfortunate enough to be born with two left feet and as a result was unable to perform the rather challenging dance.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Elektra savored the warmth, comfort, and security she felt within the sorcerer’s embrace, as well as the rush of pure heavenly, albeit forbidden, bliss. After a childhood and marriage of abiding by the laws of the domineering men who commanded her life, exploiting her for their own benefits and advantages, there were no words to explain the feelings she felt to have it all come to an end as she nestled within the arms of the man she loved. Come what, or who, may, she would not break away from the sorcerer’s arms and heart for any suitor her brother felt the need to send to her. She would carry no white flag with her, for she was in love, and always would be.

Perhaps her future stray even further to the one once projected for her when she was a child, and into a maelstrom of the unknown, particularly since much of her future lay within many elements she herself had no control, but she cared not, for as long as Iago, she was more than content. Should the Gods be cruel enough to call her away from the land of the living, she would walk the empty fields of the after-life with no regrets, no thoughts on what may have, could have become, for she had fulfilled her deepest longing and wish and had won much more than she could ever have imagined.

"Always... As I have told thou prior my lord, all that thou sees and more is thy's. Never shall I deny thee..." she managed before his lips pressed against her's. She sighed at the heavenly feeling, caressing his cheek gently, deepening it slightly, reveling thoroughly in the moment..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Azazel Ballroom   Azazel Ballroom - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Azazel Ballroom
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2