Legend Kingdom Come
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend Kingdom Come

Welcome to a world of Royalty, Knights, Wizards and all that come with the Middle ages.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forest Near Carpatus
Main Entrance Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:40 am by LadyLilliAschuill

» The Cold Wind Rounds
Main Entrance Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm by Queen Cassandra

» Misery Enjoys Company [Iago’s Chambers; Azazel; Plague Era]
Main Entrance Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:25 am by King Oberon

» Angie's Banners
Main Entrance Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:49 pm by LadyLilliAschuill

» I'M BACK!!
Main Entrance Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:53 pm by Queen Cassandra

» A Odd, Bizarre Blurry Day
Main Entrance Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:55 pm by Queen Cassandra

» Ichabod’s Bedroom
Main Entrance Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:10 am by King Oberon

» Captured Behind Enemy Lines
Main Entrance Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:18 am by Queen Cassandra

» Joust Tournament
Main Entrance Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:12 pm by Princess Desdemona

Top posters
Queen Cassandra
Main Entrance I_vote_lcapMain Entrance I_voting_barMain Entrance I_vote_rcap 
DQ Genevieve
King Oberon
Princess Desdemona
LadyLilliAschuill
Elektra
Rozen_Maiden
Illyria_wants_foooood!
Albel Nox
Kirlan
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
Hogwarts Founders Trimanthia Kingdom RolePlayGateway Superville

Hogwarts: The Next Generation

Main Entrance

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive
Name: Genevieve, Alida, Bavona, Hilda, Jahan V, Arnulf, Vémundr, Aemilia, Ashza, Weilew, Panthea, Otto, Chloris, Amsel, Ramerna and Sister Eenra
Love?: In love

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 6:06 am

The fire beast dropped from the sky roaring with great power and fury as it settled. Huge bat-like wings tattered and pecked with arrows hung to either side of the fire dragon and red eyes like coals from a death fire leered at those about him.

"Call your king..." it hissed, it voice being unnatural and fell. "That his mother's blood might not dry and his daughter's heart shall be fresh." a squeal very like a pig's dying agony escaped the maw of the beast and two tattered crests fell to the ground. Blood stained and torn.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive
Name: Oberon, Iago, Yorick, Lani, Loki, Stephen III
Love?: Married

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 5:10 am

It wasn't that common a sight to see a member of royalty running about the castle in their adulthood. However, at this very moment, Oberon was doing just that. The sheath of his sword slapped his shin as he ran, but the man ignored the superficial sting. There were much greater worries at hand.

A guard, demoralized beyond reasoning, had informed him that a dragon was at the main gate and wished for to speak with him. Something about his mother and daughter. By the time the message got to that point it was far too garbled to have been relayed properly, but it certainly didn't sound like good news. A dragon full of arrows, by account of the guard in question, was not a positive omen.

Was this related to Cassandra's vision of him being struck down by an arrow? He hoped not.

Oberon shoved aside several castle personnel quaking in fear, determined to get to the clearing where the dragon was more or less seated. Personally, he felt rather powerless standing even this near a dragon with not but a sword and a shield. Oberon had been about to spar with one of the senior knights when a guard had found him down one of the hallways. The king did not like feeling powerless, regardless of where he was. Now he sincerely wished he'd had the patience to take up magic. He was also a bit frightened... but he fought to contain it. The men could not see their king afraid, and he wouldn't allow them to if he could help it.

"You have summoned for me, and I have answered!" Oberon shouted and gave the last few guards a good push. "What words would you share with me, dragon?" Despite the method of wording, his tone was far from amicable.

And then he seen the bloodied, torn crests at the creature's feet. The king immediately recognized them, of course... how could he not?... and stopped in his tracks. They belonged to his mother and daughter, and had been upon their horses prior to departure. It couldn't be their blood upon them... it couldn't!

But what if it was? That would mean they were...

Dark blue eyes glared out from behind stray strawberry-blonde lengths of hair. "Speak quickly!" Oberon roared. He wasn't nearly as loud as the dragon, obviously, but had raised his voice sufficiently to cause the guards nearest him to skirt away briefly and then regroup near their king.
Back to top Go down
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive
Name: Genevieve, Alida, Bavona, Hilda, Jahan V, Arnulf, Vémundr, Aemilia, Ashza, Weilew, Panthea, Otto, Chloris, Amsel, Ramerna and Sister Eenra

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 5:24 am

The dragon roared forth a single plume of fire to crest the sky. Satisfied that fear had been deeply set into the very hearts of those present, the beast lowered its head slightly so to speak to the mortal king.

"Repetition, my liege..." it sneered, obviously not showing respect. "but you shall have it; just as your blue blood doth command. As I flew I saw beneath my wings a company... great in number for those travelling without captain and banner. Else I dropped and fed my burning gut upon flesh of the choicest, I'm sure, of your mounted men." It grinned, showing its bloodied teeth.
"On a grey horse there was a fair woman, still as ice upon the lake and thought as pale. And there was another, a child, small but courageous to the end. Flashing eyes and blowing hair. Dare I say, that my dainty claw smote down the younger and I chased the elder, trapping her in my smoke and she was overwhelmed..."

Another flame burst from the dragon to scorch the ground near Oberon's feet, to warn him and those behind him against foolish action.

"And now I deliver news and a summons. King Jahan, five of his naming, doth claim your weak mother and darling welp for his spoil and does even now burn their still bodies."
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:21 am

Oberon lifted the arm covered with his shield to protect his face in the event the dragon's flame got too close. As it turned out, the fire had been aimed only at the sky. Deep blue eyes flashed in a sudden wave of unmasked fear. However, once the dragon lowered its scaly head to address him the king had once again affixed courage onto his features.

Disrespectful tidings were received with a less than amicable and increasingly hostile countenance. The king listened, though didn't like where this was heading. The team to Mystenia bearing his mother and his daughter fit the description. He didn't need to see the creature's bloodied teeth to pale with worry, to go numb with disbelief. Had it really been their company? There was no mention of a woman and child yet.

Oberon sincerely hoped that it was a different company of men, if anyone the dragon had come across...

Strawberry-blonde brows furrowed in anguish and fury upon hearing of the 'woman' and 'child'. There weren't many that knew Genevieve and Cara were traveling, so how would the dragon know had he not seen and done as described? It had even brought the crests to him, which were equally covered in blood... Oberon, shaking with said anger, had without thinking grasped the handle of his sword. If the beast was now here to claim him, it would have one hell of a fight on its hands insofar as he was concerned!

They couldn't be gone... they couldn't have been killed by this beast... Cara was only eight years old... Oberon couldn't stand the thought of her body mangled and drained of its lifeblood. Yet, he couldn't deny the dragon's claims after seeing its proof. Only the need to remain on his guard kept the king from sinking to his knees in mourning, to hell with whomever seen him weep for his loved ones! But alas, he could not let loose such emotions. It would be precisely what the beast wanted.

"You fiery demon from the very deepest pit of HELL!" Oberon roared, about to draw his sword. However, a tendril of flame prevented him from rushing the creature; instead causing him to retreat several paces. Those nearest him as his guard also stepped back.

"And now I deliver news and a summons. King Jahan, five of his naming, doth claim your weak mother and darling welp for his spoil and does even now burn their still bodies."

Jahan... he should've known the moment this fell beast arrived: his cousin was notoriously threatening to the kingdom of Alrania because of the dragons he kept. Oberon should have amassed forces to go after him the first moment he'd been able...

And now his dalliance had cost him two lives of which, to him, were among the most precious on this earth.

There was only one thing that the king could think of that Jahan would want by sending a dragon to do this foul deed: war. Enraged at the audacity and cold-heartedness, Oberon was all too willing to give Jahan a war that neither would forget anytime soon. A monsoon of arrows and fury to rain upon his cousin's rule!

"And you may take news back to Jahan..." Oberon replied, voice shaking with barely contained rage. "Tell him that if it is war he wants, then WAR HE SHALL RECEIVE!" At the second time 'war' had been mentioned, the king withdrew his sword, pointing its tip in the direction of the dragon.

"Tell him to await a fate even worse than the fourth of his name at mine own hands, and that the whole of Alrania shall see it done!" Oberon shouted at the top of his lungs, ignoring the various heads turned toward him in their various states. Some were frightened, others surprised... those guards closest to the royal family seemed all too ready to prepare to ride out this evening were they able. "Go now before I change my mind!!"

"Sire...?" a guard questioned with more than a little unease. A kingly glare quickly shut the man up.

What in Heaven's name was he going to tell Cassandra?
It was he, after all, that allowed the child to leave.
Two more of his family dead, because of him...

Jahan would pay dearly for this!
Back to top Go down
DQ Genevieve
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
DQ Genevieve

Personal Archive

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:08 pm

Chuckling at Oberon's rage, the dragon snorted several white red flames from its smoky nostrils. "Foolish mortal, to grieve so for the loss of something so small. What is a female offspring and silent mother to a great sovereign? His heir being safe, what doth his highness care for a weakling daughter? Shall his tears fall; to bless the scorched earth." it scorned, scratching long claws into the stone.

The creature's mouth emitted smoke as it eyed those assembled. "And with this token of Jahan's planning; war it shall be." the dragon replied, his tone sarcastic and grating. Without warning suddenly the fell beast's head lurched out and seized hold of a young guard standing behind the king. The young man's screams were horrid as the dragon lifted into the air. Tearing the head from the guard, the dragon allowed the guard's headless body to fall to the ground. The screams silenced, the words followed.
"She called for you as she died..." it roared, allowing the she to leave Oberon to wonder which of his lost family had sought for him.

The young man's head and Alranian helmet dropping to its talons, the dragon flapped its heavy wings and soared away. Already it headed to return to Mystenia. It wondered briefly if its son had been able to truly kill the women, or if they were captured. Either way, King Oberon would doubtless never see them again.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 8:13 am

Red.

All King Oberon saw was red. And, no, it wasn't because of the dragon. Cara was still his child, and was in no way weak in his eyes. The dragon's words were only meant to incite anger, and they had done just that. There were no words to be spoken, for had Oberon spoken it would have been coupled with action. Only his expression soured beyond that of even the words he would have said, had any come to mind.

Had Oberon's face been able to contort with any more fury it certainly would have. However, it could not. So terribly did he wish to shout at the dragon that he cared not if this had been Jahan's plan all along or not. Mystenia would realize the wrath of an Alaranian king that valued the lives of the women as much as the men! In the event he could get to them all, there would be no Mystenian royal left alive when he was done. No longer was it time to allow his extended Mystenian family to rule beyond the conquered borders.

A guard pulled Oberon by the arm when the dragon lunged, narrowly missing him. Dark sapphires widened briefly at surprise and disgust at the act that had been done, and could only pray a similar fate had not befallen his kin. A grimace soon twisted his face at the fate of the poor guard, the blood of the man splattering his face the moment the headless carcass was dropped.

Whatever color left in his face drained at the dragon's parting words. Which 'she' had called to him? His mother... or little Cara? An imagined scream of both their voices filled only his ears, earning a grimace in response. The anguish was overwhelming.

Once the dragon had gone, Oberon scooped up the bloodied crests to examine what he already knew. They were indeed Genevieve's and Cara's. Bringing the cloth up to his nose and giving a tentative sniff confirmed to Oberon that it was indeed blood that stained the cloth. He could feel tears stinging his eyes, but he wouldn't allow them leave just yet.

A glare of frigid resolve tacked itself onto his face. "You two..." he said, pointing to a pair of guards. "You knew who that man was?" At the gesture to the headless victim, both knights nodded. "Take the body out of here and notify his next of kin." They immediately left his side to do as ordered.

"You: send word to the blacksmith and tell him to focus primarily on weapons, for we will ride out to war."

"Yes sire. When shall we ride?"

"When I see fit," he replied and then clearly dismissed the guard. "I need you to send up the beacons so that other cities within Alrania will know to prepare for war."

"Yessir"

"You five... round up every man and young lad able to wield a sword, as well as all the knights you can muster. I have the feeling we're going to need every last one of them."

"My lord, are you certain that those so young..."

The guard didn't get a chance to finish his statement for, within the first few words Oberon's sword was drawn and now being pushed against the man's chest. "Now would not be a good time to question me, sir knight, for I am in no mood to repeat or explain myself. Now do as I ask or you shall have a similar fate as that man," he threatened, pointing back to where the headless man's body previously laid.

"You, come with me but keep at a distance or I shall not hesitate to practice for the decapitation of my cousin upon you in his stead!" he shouted and then began to march his way toward the castle. "No one outside of family is to disturb me!"

Wherever he was intending to go to, he truly had no idea...

((Okay, Kiara... if you'd like to jump in here you can. ^_^))
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive
Name: Cassie, Cara, Liam, Will, Elchanan, Arianna, Lyra and Anna

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:38 pm

Cassie ran through castle her heals clicking on the stone floor she had seen the dragon from the tower by the the childrens nursry. From the look of that dragon it could not had been good.

She had heard Oberon yelling and it had been all she could do not to go running to him, however Liam had been scared by the scene, really she couldn't blame the young prince the dragon was on nasty peiace of work. She managed to convince Liam to stay with the nurse maids, she felt she was needed with Oberon, infact she had a dreadful feeling that she was needed.

She feared the worse as she raced through the castle, what had happened what did the beast want?

Then as she neared the Entrance she heard the dragon say...

"She called for you as she died..."

She all but stopped in her tracks, did that mean what she thought it meant?

Racing to a window she looked outside she saw Oberon knealing over to crests covered in blood.

"No please no...." she whispered flashes if her nightmare the day before entered her mind. "No..." she said as she continued to hurriedly get to the entrance. Then she heard..

"You, come with me but keep at a distance or I shall not hesitate to practice for the decapitation of my cousin upon you in his stead!"

Cassie paled even more, if those were not words of war she didn't know what were.

"No one outside of family is to disturb me!"

Cassie bit her lip and raced forward, she needed to see him, she knew for sure now something terrible had happened, and it was to do with Cara and her Mother in law.

She just prayed it wasn't what she thought it was, that was just unthinkable.... Tears came to her eyes thinking about... but no she had to talk to Oberon first, find out what wa really going on.

Nodding to the guard following the obviously upset king, hinting that he give them space, more then he usually would, she raced to Oberon.

"Oberon?... whats happened?" she asked to the point, out of breath, it was obvious she had hurried to her preasent location.

She moved to his side, knowing something had happened, something terrible, he needed her just as much as she was sure she would need him.

"Cara and Mother?" she asked,her voice barely a whisper.
Back to top Go down
https://legendkingdomcome.rpg-board.net
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:12 am

Surprise and fear lit the sapphire orbs upon what Oberon perceived as his wife's sudden arrival to his side. She appeared out of breath... had she seen the dragon and it's tokens? The king immediately transferred the bloodied and torn crests to his other hand. "Cassie..." was about all he could manage in a strangled half-whisper. The king appeared confused yet hesitant to say what had just transpired. Any remaining color seemed to leave his face.

How could he tell her that their daughter was dead? How could he tell her that his mother was dead?

He had allowed them to leave... not that he could've stopped his mother from going where she wished. But he could've spared little Cara from an untimely demise... their blood would be on his hands just as much as it was on Jahan's.

It was almost too much to bear as he sensed more than heard Cassandra stand by his side. His wife's presence was soothing, true, but what was Oberon to tell her? There was no easy way to say it, yet saying it so bluntly in his opinion sounded rather callous. How he wanted so much to wring the fifth Jahan's neck right now, as well as the fourth's what for having aided the birth of Jahan the fifth. Oberon doubted his cousin would care if he had assassins eliminate family members that would be near to him. He was sorely tempted to do that anyway: slowly off all those whom his cousin holds dear. But Oberon was getting ahead of himself now with such notions.

They were in a public place, but did it really matter now? It would not be that great a secret now that the relations lost to battle were dearly loved. Wiping the blood upon his hand on the red of his tunic, Oberon placed his hand upon Cassandra's shoulder. The king opened his mouth to elaborate when Cassie said the two familiar names that stung like salt to a fresh wound. Immediately, he grimaced.

"They're dead... killed en route to Mystenia..." he explained in a trembling murmur. Deciding he could not hide it from her until it suited him, Oberon brought forth the crests and, after placing a kiss to the non-bloodied portions of each, displayed them to Cassandra so that she might see.

"I should not have let them leave..." Oberon whispered hurriedly, eyes brightening not out of anything positive. The new brightness was in fact withheld tears. A mist of sorrow uncloaked for any that came within six feet of the king to see. Even as the dark blue eyes squeezed shut and reopened the tears dared not fall just yet.

"... One of them called for me as they died, by word of the fell creature what brought the news..."

A single droplet of moisture trickled down his face, soon to be followed by its fellows. Oberon may have been numb with shock, but he still felt just like everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Cassie became increasingly worried, and she had to abmit scared by Oberons currant state. Never had she seen him this distraught before, it scared her more then she would care to admit.

She turned to face him tears in her eyes already, as if already knowing what he was about to say. She timidly cupped his cheek in her hand, almost without thinking about it. Her heartached to see him so distressed.

She faught to keep her hands from shaking when she caught his grimce at the names of his Daughter and mother, for usually those names brought a smile to his face, She knew whatever was to come next... and she wasn't sure she could accept it.

"They're dead..."

"Dead.."

"DEAD...."

She shut her eyes tight and seemed to fight to breathe, "No no no no... It can't true... it can't.." she muttered desperatly. Then she dared open her eyes and saw the crests of her daughter and mother in law, covered in blood...

All her blood drained from her face as she touched the faberic of the crests wiith her finger tips and slowly held on to a chunck of them, as tears started to drip down her face. Pure agony ripped through her heart and she felt like screaming, crying and simply start running. She picked up one of the crests and held it against her chest over her aching heart. She didn't care about the drying blood on the fabric soiling her white dress, for the moment her chest burned with grief.

Flashes of little Cara, her dear sweet dareing little girl, and her mother in law the formiddable Dowager Queen who so quietly and greciously allowed her in to her family. How could they just be gone? just like that...

"No they can't be gone... they can't... No" she said her voice higher and cracked has she tried to talk throught her tears and it was getting harder and harder for her to swallow. If anything she was just short of having a panic attack.

"I should not have let them leave..."

The hurried mutter so full of sorrow and guilt from her beloved hsbands lips jolted her out of her reprive, almost instant;y for she could not stand to see him look so broken... at least over this matter. She moved closer to him again and hugged him tightly, the crests still held tightly in her fists.

"No" she said as firmly as she could given the situation. "Do not blame your self for this, Please darling I beg of you, don't.. You couldn't have know this would happen.... Sometimes things that you couldn't have prevented. Please my King, do not bare that burden... for it is not yours to rightfully bare." she said ture belief in her voice and love. Mixed with the grief and saddenss she had never been more sure of anything else before.

Using her free hand she once again cupped his cheek with hand, tears still streaming down her face a the sight of tears fighting to be free from her husband face. "It is not your fault.." she whispered through her tears again, as her thumb rubbed his cheek just under his eye.

"... One of them called for me as they died, by word of the fell creature what brought the news..."

She looked at him sadly, she had heard that form the window, "Oh Oberon..." she whispered as she pulled him gently against her. Her hand going from his cheek to his back, She rested her head just under his chin, tears falling into his clothing.

In her mind she was in denial, not wanting to accept they were gone forever... But on the outside she was bound and determined to greive with and support her King and husband, and that was just what she would do until he no longer needed it.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 4:09 pm

Oberon had a feeling she wouldn't take the news well, not that he blamed her, and couldn't help but feel both an overwhelming amount of grief and a desire to get the war underway in post haste. The king couldn't blame her for wanting to disbelieve the whole thing, for he too wished this were some bad dream he would wake up from. In a way he regretted even saying anything so soon after his own discovery, for the droplets of concentrated pain cascading down his wife's face only further added to his own pain. He winced as she did what he could not: embrace the fabric and weep openly for those lost. How could he not feel responsible for all of this? At least a little?

"No they can't be gone... they can't... No"

Sympathy mixed with his own agony at her words. The king nodded, replying solemnly, "I too wish it were not true... But what other conclusion is there?" With a hand he reached up to caress her cheek and dab at the tears upon her fair countenance with a small patch of sleeve tugged to act as a kerchief.

A soothing ointment to Oberon's soul was Cassandra's embrace, and thus when she held him he accepted the action though attempted to make it seem like it was the only logical thing he could do. While he remained silent, nodding only slightly, Oberon clearly heard her words and was grateful for the comfort they brought. He leaned into her touch, covering her hand upon his cheek with one of his own though said hand was bloodied from holding the crests. Another tear slipped from Oberon's control, noiselessly splashing onto Cassie's thumb.

Once more he did not resist being pulled into an embrace, fairly certain they were on their own. "I'm sorry, Cassie..." he whispered and wrapped his arms around her, rubbing her back and gently resting his chin upon her head. Oberon encouraged her to rest against him, though couldn't help but be reminded of when his darling daughter had taken rest similarly and eventually fell asleep within his arms.

"I will avenge them, I swear to you... it is Jahan the fifth of Mystenia who sent the dragon. I... I have called to make war upon the portion of Mystenia he governs for this atrocity," Oberon told her solemnly. "I dread what I shall find there, when we arrive... my heart hopes they live, yet my mind cannot see it with what evidence I have already seen."

He still had yet to explain all of this to Liam... a dreaded task the king did not wish to contemplate, but needed to be done before the lad started asking around.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 5:37 pm

Cassie shut her eyes tightly at is his question, he was right, what else could it be? What other truth was there? It was just so hard and painful to accept it, there little 8 year daughter was gone forever. She was so full of life and never let anything stand in her way, to picture her no longer living... was just a very scary and painful notion. She felt like dieing right there... or doing something.

She lifted her watery eyes to Oberons and wiped her thumb on her cheek to wipe away the tear trail. They were both in so much pain, and Oberon already lost a child before... at the age of eight. she was certain. It was just so... so cruel.

When he apologized she sobbed harder yet she more silent... tears just cacsded down her face and she had to struggle to take a breath and even then her breathing was trembling lon with the rest of her body.

"You do not need to be sorry for me, my darling... I am sorry.... I.. I should have seen this happen... I have the danmed gift of foresight... I... I should have it happened. Why didn't I? Why?" she sobbed she should have known, why hadn't she seen it.. she always saw important events.

" I saw us greiving... last night.. I saw the crests before... the blood.. the dragon... war...I had thought... or wanted it to be a just a nightmare. If I had not seen her... them.... Why.. why it didn't let me see them?" She asked over and over. Guilt and confusion goin through her mind.

"I am sorry Oberon..... You out of anyone did not deserve this...." she whispered.

She looked up at him when he explained he would avenge and wage war on Jahan, then the image of him with a arrow through his chest flashed into her mind. The very thought him being mortal wounded so soon after the news of Cara and The queens deaths was to painful to even think about.

But she didn't object to the thought of war... she was not one for revenge or the thought of fighting needlessly, but if this was the safefy of her family and be danmed this Jahan was going to kill her husband as well. Not when she was still alive, if it was true and she couldn't no longer protect her daughter...then she could still protect her husband so could do what he sought out to do.

As that resolve set in Cassie's thoughts went to her young son, and how upset he would be if his father went out to war without saying good by to him first.

"We should talk to Liam before you ride out.... He has a right to know what is going on" she whispered softly through her tears.

"I will go with you..." she said.
Back to top Go down
Elektra
Commoner
Commoner
Elektra

Personal Archive
Name: Elektra, Fersen, Theseus, Beatrix

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 2:20 am

Theseus and Beatrix ran through the halls of the palace as fast as they could. Or at least, Theseus tried to. Despite being in the middle of a crisis and adrenaline coursing through him, it did little to aid his atheletic talents. While Beatrix ran at full speed, not even breaking a sweat, despite their original position having been at least a mile away. As always between the two with their contrasting and clashing personalities, they had stood arguing over what now seemed like a painfully trivial matter, only to have a page come scurrying towards them, rushing to tell them what was occurring.

Others passing by were promptly yelled at, or shoved to move out of the way as the two raced through, blind to all else but their target.

By the time they reached Oberon and Cassie, Theseus was beyond out of breath, huffing and puffing, his heart racing at an uncontrollable rate as he struggled to recover. Beatrix on the other hand, was perfectly fine, breathing just as normal, giving a quick salute of respect to Oberon. "Orders, Your Grace?" She asked, awaiting the plan.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 12:13 am

It was as though an evil force of grief and torment had sliced open Oberon’s chest and was now trying to forcibly remove his heart, upon seeing Cassandra so bereaved. Oberon welcomed his wife into his arms once more and tried to soothe her as best he could. He had to be strong, if not for his own sake then her’s. The people would naturally expect him to also be strong, but the strength for Cassie’s sake was far more personal and thus more difficult to maintain. Life was cruel indeed to take a second child from him at the tender age of eight, but at least for now the mother of his children – or child, as was the case now – still lived.

At her apologies, Oberon shook his head slightly. “No... blame not your gift. Why the Gods deemed you to not see it, I do not know... Fate works in mysterious... and sometimes cruel ways. Tis not your fault in the least,” he replied, a tremble to his voice.

" I saw us greiving... last night.. I saw the crests before... the blood.. the dragon... war...I had thought... or wanted it to be a just a nightmare. If I had not seen her... them.... Why.. why it didn't let me see them? I am sorry Oberon..... You out of anyone did not deserve this...."

“Shh...” he whispered, placing a kiss to her forehead. “I know not why the vision hid such a crucial detail... Perhaps they are not yet dead, as we are led to believe... a fool’s hope given what we have to go on... or you could not see them properly through the haze of chaos, fate’s way of sparing you from a grief doubled...”

Oberon waited a moment to see how Cassandra would respond to the thought of war. However, in his heart the king knew that even if his wife did not wish it a battle would still be waged. The king could not let his kin go unavenged, or the people massacred forgotten to time’s fickle ways. Though she still wept, she seemed to accept the notion of war. A mother’s vengeance, like a father’s, was not something one ought to toy with. Once more, he tried to staunch his wife’s many heartbroken tears.

“The army has yet to amass, the knights to prepare. There is time yet...” Oberon protested slightly, though knew the boy had a right to know why his father would not be present for many days... if not ever again if things went badly. After a brief pause, the king nodded. “He shall be made aware, though I fear he will not understand. The boy is of only five years upon this earth.”

And then the declaration of Cassandra accompanying him registered in Oberon’s mind. Did she mean to explain to Liam, or onto the battlefield? The king did not like the idea of the latter whatsoever. However, he nodded. “Liam will likely need all of the support we can give him...” Oberon murmured, making clear which interpretation of her words he’d decided to go with. Tears no longer leaked from his eyes, his resolve a sturdy wall around a hurricane of sorrow.

It was about then that Oberon heard swift footfalls, though had ignored them until he heard the voice of Beatrix, one of his best – albeit female – Generals. Immediately Oberon partially released Cassie, keeping her close by his side, and tried to don a face not of grief but of the resolve he was slowly achieving. “At ease,” he stated, nodding at the respectful salute. “We prepare for war on Mystenia... Jahan the Fifth our ultimate target. Every knight, able-bodied man, and young lad the age of fifteen or above is to report for duty. We ride out in three days if the Gods be on our side,” he explained to Beatrix.

“Theseus... are you alright?” Oberon asked, his attention turning to his brother for a moment. He looked out of breath. If he was even relatively fine now, there was no guarantee he would be later after hearing the news. But Oberon could be wrong... where his brother was not athletic he seemed resilient to the sorrows of the world, always laughing and smiling. There were days when the king envied this quality in his sibling.

It pained the Oberon to even think of telling Theseus about what had just transpired, just as it had been agony informing Cassandra.

With a deep breath, it seemed as though it took all of the king’s courage to repeat himself. “The Dowager Queen Genevieve and young Princess Cara have been reported... dead... by word of the same dragon who assailed them,” he told the pair, not certain what they had or hadn’t heard. Gently, Oberon reached for the crests which Cassie clutched, trying to ease them out of his queen’s grip to show as proof.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:37 pm

Cassie blinked as tears rolled her face and Oberon tried to console her, there was just some much pain for it for it to be stanched by her husband whom she knew was hurting as much if not more then she was. But she stayed in his arms listening to his voice.

She sighed, “If I had seen the attack I would have seen it before it occurred though… it would have been a warning” she said with a defeated tone of voice, yet confused as to why she had missed that important detail.

Cassie nodded at his words about little Liam and the on coming war, the concept of war he may not be able to get right now. To him it was still a game, like sword play, that the “good guys” never got hurt and always won the battle. The concept danger and death he may be able to get the basic’s of. “We need to only tell the basics dear, He will understand, that much, He is your son and is quite clever for only 5 years of age.” she whispered though another tear went down her face, Cara was also exceptionally bright, even though she complain in some classes like etiquette, and sewing she did very well all classes. She had been.. Still was very proud of her daughter. She would have made a very fine young lady one day… It broke her heart to think she may never get the chance.

She nodded in agreement if Liam did understand what happened he would be devastated and angry, and understandable so.. She would ask Des to watch and care for him when they marched out, but before that she was going to spend all the time she could with her son, so he would one day understand if she died on the battle field that she did it to protect her family.

At the resounding footfalls coming toward them Cassie wiped her tears away and stood beside Oberon without needing to be pulled. It wouldn’t do for anyone to see her so weak except for family, General Beatrix was one such person she didn’t want to see her cry. She admired the General that much she was certain. But she got the feeling of a bit of tension with the General, which was understandable for she served Oberon’s former wife if her information was correct. Yes she didn't blame the General in the least, she would probably feel the some in her position.

Her eyes turned to Theseus out of worry, not obviously so, for she tried to keep her face as emotionless as she could considering the circumstances. But for those who knew her worry and sadness were plain in her greenish blue eyes. To this day she didn’t know how her brother in law always managed to remain cheerful, or at least appear so. It worried her how he would react to the news.

She winced when Oberon repeated the news again it took all she had to keep her emotions at bay, but she did manage in the end. She let of a breath and released her grip on the crests that Oberon would show them. She remained silent and kept her eyes on the two in front of her, she wasn’t sure what reaction to expect from either of them. Her hand however in need of something to hold to help with the shaking went behind Oberon’s back and held on to his other shoulder. She hoped the contact although nothing compared to the hug they had been embraced in earlier would help him remain strong.
Back to top Go down
Elektra
Commoner
Commoner
Elektra

Personal Archive

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Theseus breathed several more breaths, nodding to brush off his brother's concern. "Getting... older... I... fear... Seems I am... losing... my athletic.... talents..." he finished with a snicker, hoping to ease whatever trouble appeared to be plaguing his brother and sister-in-law. The page who had alerted him and the General only spoke of a crisis that troubled the Royals. No details were given. With this lack of information, Theseus assumed the crisis was no more than perhaps matters dealing with finances, and taxes. Minimal matters that were stressful, yet also not as bad as one would think, if one had a calm manner. He knew not just how wrong he was in his assumption.

Beatrix on the other hand instantly had a feeling something was occurring. Most of the pages avoided her, sometimes to the point where they would disobey a superior for refusing to go near her to fetch her or deliver her a message. For one to seek her out, particularly in a panicked, hurried tone, something was surely amiss.

The mention of war sparked Beatrix's interest, while leaving Theseus in confusion. War? Why? Was Alrania not in some semblance, in a rather peaceful state? Not to mention, Oberon didn't seem like the type to invade other countries at random to gain power, nor did he ever give indication he was desiring to do so in the near future. What had occurred?

“The Dowager Queen Genevieve and young Princess Cara have been reported... dead... by word of the same dragon who assailed them,”

All color and traces of merriment withdrew from Theseus vanished, similar to that of how poison was drawn from a wound. Dead? No, it couldn't be! His mother and niece were fine, merely on a trip to Mystenia. They had to be! "No..." he whispered as his complexion turned a ghostly white, and he began to shake, filled with fear, sorrow, and panic.

How he wanted to run... Get away, run away, and fly away... seeking refuge in dreamer's hideaway. He couldn't deal with this. Not now. Not again... He had already lost his father, his sister-in-law, and his dear nephew. What more could fate ask of them? Granted, it was oft said that those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it, but... what lesson were they to learn from this tragedy occurring again? What lesson had they overlooked and disregarded, to be punished once more?

While Beatrix lived for battles and war, breathed in the scent of death, tears, and bloodshed, more than that of the seashore, this was one battle she could not take part in. Alrania may appear strong, and mighty from the outside, but Beatrix knew it was particularly vulnerable. From within the land itself, there were Nobles ruling lands, such as that of Danothos and Azazel, with rather questionable allegiances. Regrettably, it was also those bearing those allegiances that Beatrix gave her own too. Possibly above Alrania itself.

Still... despite her conflicting alliances, the General still held her promise to Delyth true, as well as the bond between her and her Knights: the brave men who would be lead to ruin should the battle occur. She understood the King's desire to go to war and avenge the deaths, but surely he realized he was being too rash? Clearing out the army, recruiting every able body, many of which were highly inexperience and would serve as nothing but background scenery once they became corpses, would be a mistake. One that would possibly lead to Alrania to ruin and leave thousands dying in vain.

Tentatively, she approached the King, speaking in a low, calm voice as to stir as little anger as possible from Oberon. It wouldn't do for her to have the King lose his temper with her at a time like this. "Sire, while i understand the anger boiling within thee, along with the need for revenge, I highly advise and beseech thee to reconsider thy decision. It is vital that any attack we launch is carefully thought out and planned. Tis reckless and shall be our undoing for us to gather our full strength, empty the land, and invade. Not only shall Alrania be wholly defenseless and vulnerable, quick to crumble, while our troops shall be plucked one by one, like ants crawling along a stone wall, for I am certain Jahan will have an iron clad defense.

The draft will serve no purpose but to bring innocent souls to death. They shall be no more than simple peasants, most who will have seen either too many winters, or too few. Their bodies shall do no more than hinder our troops along the battle with their festering corpses, and shatter any semblance of regrouping, for how else shall we gather more strength if we fight a war with all men in the frontlines, and none at home, training for their turn so that they shalt bring as many as souls as they can when they die?"

Beatrix knew she was being rather blunt, and could possibly be percieved as being disrespectful for questioning and challenging the King's orders and authorities, but she could not help it. She had her knights to think of, many of whom she, though she would never admit it, thought of as family. With a voice full of as much conviction as she could muster, she added. "All I ask is for time: A week at least, and a fortnight at most. Utilize the time to properly equip, properly supply our troops, as well as seek out allies so that there shall be no need for the drafts. My Lord... if thou wishes to ride out to war, I shall comply and accompany you myself. However, I refuse to bring my men and shatter their world, tearing them from their families, to lead them to follow the Dowager Queen and Princess, solely because their King allowed himself to foolishly be consumed by his need for revenge, and neglect any semblance of planning, forsaking any possibility of victory."

Knowing that what she had just said could very well be her own undoing, she forced herself from speaking any more. Instead, she stared at the Royals before her, looking and hoping that her words had any impact on them. Preferably an impact that did not result in her beheaded for treason.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 3:22 am

Oberon continued to keep Cassandra close in an attempt to be supportive. Even though he still blamed himself, he didn’t want her blaming herself for this as well. He nodded at his wife’s suggestion of discussing the very basics with Liam. A smile propped itself upon his lips with some coaxing at the comment of the boy being clever. Cara was also witty and intuitive for someone so young, not at all thick when it came to matters of the mind. The king had heard via reports and the child’s own mouth how well she did in each of her classes. Staggering amounts of pride filled Oberon upon looking or even thinking of both children.

Under any other circumstances, the king would have snickered with his brother at his reply. However, Oberon could only go so far as to crack a slight smile... and a sad one at that. Theseus had no idea the tragedy that had just been revealed, and for the unhappy news Oberon prayed that his brother would forgive him for ruining whatever kind of good day he might have been having.

It had taken a lot of Oberon’s strength to keep himself from revealing his true emotions in response to his own words. Therefore if he had trouble, what surely must Cassie be feeling at hearing the same thing again? While he didn’t feel or hear a sob, he still discreetly raised his hand to position itself at her back and rubbed gently in response to her holding on to him. It was about then when he seen his brother pale, just as Theseus had when other members of their family had passed to the world beyond this one.

The king looked to Cassandra briefly before crossing the distance to Theseus. Oberon would let his wife decide whether to also approach or not. It felt as if his legs were made of lead, but Oberon managed to accomplish the task. He placed a hand upon his younger brother’s shoulder to steady the man’s shaking, doing his best not to get the blood on his hands from holding the crests and being near the decapitated guard onto his brother’s clothing. “I too wish it were not true, my brother,” Oberon addressed his brother quietly. “But how else does it explain the crests?” The king left a lot unsaid, but would discuss with Theseus when a time came that they could speak in private.

Their father, Delyth, Gareth... now their mother and little Cara. So much death that Oberon’s heart still grieved for, and likely would never truly stop grieving for. Whatever more fate held in store for his family, Oberon knew not nor could foresee. Was he being punished for his lack of patience? Why must the rest of his family suffer if such was the case? What lesson had they yet to learn from losing those so close to their hearts?

When Beatrix approached, Oberon released the hand upon his brother’s shoulder and hoped the shaking had ceased. Most of his attention focused upon the general, for he found her tentativeness strange; unlike her usual self. Then again, in his current state most anything was odd. He listened to her speech, regarding her neutrally. She wasn’t exactly family, but Beatrix and Delyth had had a close enough relationship to where kinship had the capacity to be felt. Had that not been the case, and had she not asked of orders, Oberon would have dismissed her in an instant. While he didn’t admit it often, she was one of the best Generals the Alranian army possessed.

Her request for planning was plausible. Any battle needed planning. Oberon had heard tales both with well-formed strategies and those that rushed off to battle, and it was usually the ones with better planning that had achieved victory. However, a strawberry blonde eyebrow rose at the idea of leaving the land empty. Using all amassed solely to invade had not been his plan. Yet he had not spoken of much of his plans as it were, and such a command was often used in the ploy Beatrix assumed he was making. Oberon would place blame of that upon himself and his altered state, for his rationally was apparently difficult to express with a mind so full of grief. Difficult, but not impossible; all he needed was a moment to clarify.

Brows furrowed slightly at asking for time. Not entirely unreasonable, but with the deaths of his mother and child the upcoming battle he would participate in was rather personal. The King wanted swift retribution... to have the Jahan’s life snuffed out as quickly as the Mystenian had ordered the end to the lives of his kin and the knights they rode out with. Sapphire orbs constricted slightly upon the General naming the pair of dear ones so far from him now...

... his countenance taking on a firm scowl at being titled a fool.

Is this what his General truly thought of him? The reason for her behaviors? That he needed to be lectured about war as though he were not much older than young Prince Liam? Oberon could feel blood rushing heat to his face out of both anger and embarrassment. A sigh escaped through his nose, nostrils flaring slightly at the bubbling torrent of emotions just beneath the surface. It took a great deal of self control not to do or reveal all that he wished.

“If a want for swift action to honor a loved one is foolish, then perhaps we are all fools,” Oberon stated calmly, though his narrowed eyes and slight wave in his tone indicated he was anything but. “I would draft not to send them all to the forefront, but have them make ready in case we must pool every resource. Have them trained while supplementing the defense in the event fate deals an ill hand. Jahan will have not only an iron clad defense, but at least one dragon, perhaps more... Creatures bred for to cause destruction and revel in it. I know the risks of war, General... I seek not only revenge but an attempt to make certain my accursed cousin shall not take even more lives such as theirs ever again!”

Despite the flare of anger, Oberon lowered his head and gaze, resting a pair of fingers upon his bottom lip in thought. He needed to calm himself and think clearly. Just as the king tested the General it seemed as though the General – while younger than he – was testing him now, and taunting him to boot. There was no telling where Jahan’s troops were now, or if he were merely amassing an army just as Oberon was preparing. For all he knew Jahan was already on the borderlands, burning and slaying anything and everything within reach.

After several long moments the king returned his deep sapphires to the General’s gaze, expression still far less than chipper. The decision in his mind was made, though would grudgingly listen to any objections. His hand that was resting upon his lips returned to his side. “Have your week to prepare for war. Or a few days more, if you must, and cancel the draft if you believe yourself capable to summon enough forces without them,” Oberon stated, once more his voice concealing what his eyes could not: impatience, anger, and a thirst for vengeance... as well as a great amount of grief. Beneath it all was a slight undercurrent of their usual attitude toward one another from his standpoint: challenge. Under other circumstances it would’ve been a semi-playful challenge. This time was different.

“However, know this: Four days hence, with the grace of the Gods permitting, your ‘fool’ of a king rides out with all willing to bear arms and meet the enemy in the first assault,” Oberon added, nearly spitting out the word ‘fool’ as though it were the foulest of words in the language. “If you have no further ... comments ... General, you are dismissed to begin your preparations and rally councils as you see fit. And keep me informed on your progress.”

While he wasn’t in the best of moods, Oberon’s was the kind of anger that could be attributed to a cannon: it came out all at once in the form of a scorching ball of flame but died down relatively quickly so long as he wasn’t given further ammunition.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:38 am

At Theseus usually amusing reply she closed her eyes and savoured the moment before Oberon revealed the truth to his brother, that moment was short lived.

Cassie held back a sigh and tried to hold back a tear from falling down her wet face, however at Oberons light rub on her back and seeing the colour and all cheerfulness leave her brother in-law a then long wet trail made its way down her cheek.

When Oberon went over to his brother Cassie followed, she wasn’t sure what help she could be, she doubted she would be of any considering the news, and the pain it carried for all of them. She was still in shock herself. She knew the full force of what had happened had yet to reach any of them, when it did… she didn’t even want to think about it. When Oberon’s attention turned to the General, Cassie observed Theseus, she was sure tears still shimmered in her own eyes from the very beginnings of the grief that the news brought them. She lightly placed her hand on her brother in laws shoulder… weather this would be of any help she wasn’t sure.

Then the words of the general caught her attention, she her self didn’t like the way the female general was talking to the king, granted she could see the general was doing her job, and her requests seemed reasonable for the most part. In fact should Oberon had refused the generals requests Cassie herself would have talked to Oberon later in private, no one more then she knew of Oberons way of being impatient, more so in times of hardship like these. No what bothered the Queen was that the general showed to little respect from her perspective anyway.

Her eyes almost flashed when the general called her king a fool, he may have been impatient and at the moment angry, but who wouldn’t be? Oberon was anything but stupid in ways of war especially with revenge on the mind, He was anything but a idiot and would not lead others to go on a suicide mission, if it was clear he was putting young still to be trained men on the front line she would have questioned, but such an action would not have made sense., nor had the possibly even cross her mind that that was what he would do.

She shifted her gaze to Oberon cautiously and slightly nervous, in his state of mind how would he react to the General’s speech? In the current situation she wasn’t sure.

She flinched slightly spit the word ’fool’ back out harshly, yet she thought the general should consider her self lucky for not many could speak to the king in such a way and get away with less. Then she recounted what Oberon said, four days… in four days they marched out to battle. A stab of fear went through her at the thought and she closed her eyes to keep her self calm… In four days that marched out to war, to face who knew what. She didn’t like it, Oberon leaving with out a full army and his best general still in the palace planning the main assault.. No she didn’t like that plan at all… Yet what else could there be done? Oberon has made his up his mind and this was after the generals request.. She swallowed the lump in her throat, She almost hoped the general would object to the kings decision, but …. What good would it do?

The queen felt like breaking down… having just learned of her only daughters and mother in law death and now to learn her husband would be leading the first assault with all those who wanted to much out to war in four days instead of seven. Who knew how many that might be to go with the king to battle.

With a shaking hand she clenched the fabric of her dress and tried to clear her head, that flash of Oberon shot entered her mind. If Oberon indeed went through with is plan… then she planned to go with him weather he wished it or not. It was this battle the fatal arrow would be fire she just knew it and she had to prevent it.

“Oberon, send a signal to my father before you depart, Lancaster is two days away, if you send for my father’s aid now he will send enough men to help you in the first assault. At least that way you will have a set amount of knight to march out with you when you leave plus the amount of those willing to fight sooner rather then later” she suggested. Lancaster would of course send more of its army to the General as all out war came, but a good portion of men could be sent to Oberon in time before he left…
They had so much to do and so little time, but she would what ever it took to ensure Oberon survived and was able to fight and to ensure Jahan paid for what he had done. Yes… she may not had been as vocal or as strong as her husband in anger, but her hurt ran deep.. If it were left up to her when the time came and she were able she would kill the mystenia ruler her self.

Then she heard fast, but small light foot falls in the hall, and a call, that made her stiffen.

“Mother? Father?” there was a note of fear in the young princes voice, as if he somehow could feel something was terribly wrong, and the dragon from earlier had not helped ease that feeling.
Back to top Go down
Elektra
Commoner
Commoner
Elektra

Personal Archive

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:56 am

It was frightening to the Prince how in one moment, one could be so carefree, like a bird flying higher and higher, and then within seconds, have their entire world come crashing down, with a vengeance. It felt as though he had just plummeted headfirst into ice cold water... time stood still, yet flew on by... He couldn't breathe...

He opened his mouth to speak, but no words escaped him. He could feel his brother and sister's emotions: the pain of a Mother, Father, Son, and Daughter, combined with that of his own. It was like a cross upon his heart, prickling it into damnation. What Gods and Goddesses would be so cruel as to harm those of the purest innocence? The little ray of sunshine, such as his niece, would brought light into the darkest times, and his mother: she who gave him life, yet he who failed to protect her, or perhaps revere her as much as he should have, particularly in the days after his Father passed.

He struggled to say something, anything, yet the gift of speech evaded him. How he wanted to run... Run and fly, fly horizon bound in an Escapist's paradise, in which neither sorrow, nor anger, nor death lurked, waiting to strike. Only happy, ecstasy, and bittersweet denial would grow in this coward's imaginary world.

Silent tears made their way down the Prince's face as he nodded in response to his brother, not wanting to believe it, but seeing no other choice. He fought the urge to turn on his heel and run, instead straightening his appearance, calming the shaking that he felt. While he was normally an extrovert, it seemed his lifeline entwined with being an introvert at this very moment, for he needed to gather himself. If not for his own health and sanity, but for his brother's. Come what may, should their fates lie within the battlefield, Theseus knew he would follow his older brother, to death and beyond.

Beatrix fought the urge to flinch when she heard her King's response, her desperation to keep her knights, men she considered to be her family, as safe as possible, growing. "My Lord, tis one thing to honor a loved one, and quite another to lead a mass of men with their own families down a blind, swift road to death... I see reason in your plan for the drafted, but I fear you overestimate your resources..." she offered rather vaguely, not wanting to bring much details regarding others she had professed loyalty to, into the discussion.

Brown eyes broke away from the King briefly to linger at the small group of knights that had gathered; knights she had known from the very beginning, knights she had trained, bestowed oaths upon, fought beside, bled beside. "Look at those men. Your men, Sire. I have trained each and everyone one of those Soldiers. When I say run, they run. When I say jump, they jump. When I say fight, they fight. Through blood, tears and sweat, they strove onwards, fighting for Alrania. Their dedication, their loyalty, all of which they've learned from times of hardship and a lifetime of discipline, keeps them rooted to the ground, fighting on, even as they feel Death begin to caress them."

She sighed before adding, "My lord, I fear we do not have time to turn the farmers and page boys you recruit into proper warriors for battle. Can they be trained to wield a sword, and shoot arrows? Certainly. I can have them master that in days. But they shall never be like them." she replied gesturing to the soldiers who stood nearby "It takes days to build a man, but years to build a soldier..."

"I know you know the risks of war, Sire, just as I know your intentions. I only wish to serve Alrania's best interests, as my duty demands of me." As well as my promise she mentally added.

She could feel the tension in the room as well as the glances and glares the other occupants of the room sought to burn her with, but paid no heed to it. After all, as a General, she was quite used to people being angry with her, or offended by what she said. To be a General was to be admired and loathed, with more leanings towards the latter. However, it mattered not to Beatrix, for popularity was certainly not a concern when it came to war.

Another soft, nearly inaudible sigh escaped her at Oberon's spat at words, but she said nothing to trifle him further. She knew, after her many years of service, how the King's anger was, and therefore knew her best course of action was to ease off slightly, for now. The General nodded silently in reply and thanks. "My 'comments'. they stand nothing more than that, My Lord. Regardless of what you choose, you are my King and ultimately the one who holds and determines Alrania's fate. That is your duty by the oath you swore, as it is my duty to give you guidance, in accordance to the oath I swore, for I am naught but a General. The best General, to be sure, but no more.

I shall send my Riders to seek allies and aid, but on the fourth day, I shall ride out with you, willing to bear arms and meet the enemy in the first assault, towards death or glory, and to honor my oaths." she replied, bowing to show that while she did have quite a bit of an ego, respect and admiration for her King was in abundance, despite the fact she may only rarely show it.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:00 am

When Cassandra spoke, Oberon turned his head to her. While he did not openly draw attention to it, he did note the clenched hand upon her dress, and that it was shaking. Had she had another vision? Regardless, her advice seemed sound for her father’s kingdom was the shortest distance away. Ergo he nodded, though silently so as not to accidentally come across as leering. With his mood as it was, the king didn’t want to take that particular chance until he was sure of himself. Though she wasn’t nearly as vocal, Oberon could see a vengeful fire also in her eyes... as though, if given the chance, she too would seek Jahan’s blood. He didn’t really want his queen seeing death, but a part of him wanted to give Jahan a public execution. The other part of him wanted something rather more different and brutal.

A scowl deepened upon Oberon’s face at Beatrix’s debating with him over whether he was truly honoring his loved ones or leading innocent lives to nothing but a painful death. Or rather that was how he had interpreted it. “And what evidence or suspicion have you to confirm this? Those that would not send aid are in just as much peril as those that do from Jahan’s forces... unless you speak of possible spies in our midst?” replied the king, his question making him shift his attention fully back to Beatrix to gauge her reaction.

"My lord, I fear we do not have time to turn the farmers and page boys you recruit into proper warriors for battle. Can they be trained to wield a sword, and shoot arrows? Certainly. I can have them master that in days. But they shall never be like them. ... It takes days to build a man, but years to build a soldier... ... I know you know the risks of war, Sire, just as I know your intentions. I only wish to serve Alrania's best interests, as my duty demands of me."

Oberon had to admit the General had a point. Yet at the same time he felt that if they were trained to wield a weapon then should the war turn out badly there would at least be one remaining force left that could bear arms against his cursed cousin. True, they would not be proper soldiers, but at least they would know their way around a weapon. “Of the lack of time, I agree. As I said: cancel the draft if you believe yourself able to assist in amassing an army before war is fully upon us,” he said, still a bit irritable.

"My 'comments'. they stand nothing more than that, My Lord. Regardless of what you choose, you are my King and ultimately the one who holds and determines Alrania's fate. That is your duty by the oath you swore, as it is my duty to give you guidance, in accordance to the oath I swore, for I am naught but a General. The best General, to be sure, but no more. ... I shall send my Riders to seek allies and aid, but on the fourth day, I shall ride out with you, willing to bear arms and meet the enemy in the first assault, towards death or glory, and to honor my oaths."

He nodded, somewhat placated by her respect... even though it was likely added at that particular moment to patch over his blowing up at her. Despite his mood, Oberon knew the General respected him in earnest given her past actions and years of service. “Very well. Keep me informed on any relevant progress or setbacks. I appreciate any and all assistance and advice you have to offer... as does the rest of Alrania... even though I may not always agree,” was his neutral yet honest response.

The king suddenly paled upon hearing the voice of his son, stiffening both posture and facial expression. Fear was rather easy to detect in the lad's voice, which to Oberon could only mean the boy had seen the dragon. He would have to once again re-tell the tale, even though he had already spoken the news twice... How on earth was he to explain such things to a five-year-old boy, who had yet to truly understand the meaning and permanency of death? “Liam... it is alright,” the king told the child, though regretted saying the latter few words the moment they were out of his mouth. It wasn’t all right... in fact everything was just wrong. “... We are both right here...” Oberon corrected himself, an arm extending toward Liam in the event his son approached him instead of Cassie.

The king looked to his queen with guilt-ridden worry. Oberon still blamed himself for the loss of Genevieve and Cara, and had a bad feeling as to how Liam would take the news. It broke Oberon's heart all over again to have to explain this to a boy so young... especially knowing that the loved ones lost were also close to the child’s own heart.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:23 am

Cassie sighed when Oberon agreed to seek her fathers help, in the terms of soldiers. All the nights of Lancaster were well trained to follow orders and help in the fight that would eventually arise.

She breathed out in an effort to calm herself.. Futile as the attempt maybe… she only managed to pull her mask over herself.. Pushing the almost unbearable pain down.. Just enough to breath.. And not completely loose herself… After this she wanted nothing more then to just hug and cry in her husbands arm, while he on her shoulder.

But that would have to wait until all was taken care of..

She again looked to her brother in law, he seem lost in his own thoughts and emotions.. She looked to the prince in a new found respect and sympathy. How she wished this was all some ones bad dream… that none of this was real.

For all feelings, it feel like a nightmare.. It felt terrifying and bizarre all at once, so surreal was this feeling.. She could almost convince her self it was a nightmare.. That any second now she would wake up and find Oberon sleeping peacefully beside her, and her children safely tucked in side their beds… but alas she didn’t wake. Which internally made her all the more fightened..

At the Generals words she found her self personally less irritated by her former speech, the general had good points she had to admit. And she prayed the draft was not needed, she greatly disliked the thought of boys going to war with only basic weapon skills with them.. It could be living hell…

_

Prince Liam ran into the hall, eye big green eyes were a wide as they could go and his dark redish hair was unruly and stuck out at odd angles as if he has just gotten out of bed.

He had a horrible feeling, he had seen the dragon form his room and though form a far had seen it kill a man… he shuddered at the remembered image and just sleeve to wipe his nose and cheek of tears that had fallen when searching for his parents.

"Liam... it is alright,” he heard his father say. But he wasn’t sure if his father was just saying that or if it was the truth.. Things didn’t look alright, that was what upset him… things looked far from alright.

“... We are both right here...” his father said as he seemed invite him to come over to him.

Liam need not further hint and ran over to his father’s awaiting arms…. Though he normally was not clingy, this was not a normal time..

“Father w what happened?” he asked he cast curious looks to his fathers general and his uncle, then to his mother and finally back to his father again.

“The.. The Dragon killed someone didn’t he?” he asked.. Though he had no idea who that someone was… he only saw the poor soul that was so unfairly killed that night.

Cassie felt a unbearable amount of sadness at the look her husband sent to her when Liam ran over to him, and her face paled at Liam’s question.. Before she knew it she was at her husband and son’s side. She locked eyes with Oberon and gave his shoulder a squeeze before looking down to her frightened Son..

“ Liam…” she tried as she lightly placed her hand on the top his head.. She wasn’t sure what to say at that moment… she didn’t think it right to tell him out here in front of others…

“Something very serious has happened sweet.. Your father and I will explain soon okay?” she said softly.

Liam looked fearful again, though nodded to his mother.. He sniffed “Okay..” and held on to his father tunic tighter… not wanting to let his parents out of his sight for as long as he could help it..

He looked up to his father.. As if searching his fathers face for any clue to what was wrong..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Main Entrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance   Main Entrance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Main Entrance
Page 1 of 1