Legend Kingdom Come
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend Kingdom Come

Welcome to a world of Royalty, Knights, Wizards and all that come with the Middle ages.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forest Near Carpatus
Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:40 am by LadyLilliAschuill

» The Cold Wind Rounds
Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm by Queen Cassandra

» Misery Enjoys Company [Iago’s Chambers; Azazel; Plague Era]
Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:25 am by King Oberon

» Angie's Banners
Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:49 pm by LadyLilliAschuill

» I'M BACK!!
Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:53 pm by Queen Cassandra

» A Odd, Bizarre Blurry Day
Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:55 pm by Queen Cassandra

» Ichabod’s Bedroom
Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:10 am by King Oberon

» Captured Behind Enemy Lines
Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:18 am by Queen Cassandra

» Joust Tournament
Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:12 pm by Princess Desdemona

Top posters
Queen Cassandra
Ichabod’s Bedroom I_vote_lcapIchabod’s Bedroom I_voting_barIchabod’s Bedroom I_vote_rcap 
DQ Genevieve
Ichabod’s Bedroom I_vote_lcapIchabod’s Bedroom I_voting_barIchabod’s Bedroom I_vote_rcap 
King Oberon
Princess Desdemona
LadyLilliAschuill
Elektra
Rozen_Maiden
Illyria_wants_foooood!
Albel Nox
Kirlan
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
Hogwarts Founders Trimanthia Kingdom RolePlayGateway Superville

Hogwarts: The Next Generation

Ichabod’s Bedroom

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive
Name: Oberon, Iago, Yorick, Lani, Loki, Stephen III
Love?: Married

Ichabod’s Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Ichabod’s Bedroom   Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:04 pm

The bedroom is modest, with enough room to fit a fairly large, soft bed with a variety of blankets and quilts. There is a bedside table for either side, though only one contains a water basin and pitcher. A closet stands alone in the corner, and the curtains are a pleasant, gender-neutral ivory. In another corner is a hammock-like sleeping space – on large and another tiny one... meant to provide an alternate means of rest for both Ichabod and Evert the Mouse respectively.

A few spare inventions in use to wake the inventor in the morning are in place, but other than and a few other odd pieces the room is fairly normal.

The color scheme is tan and cream/ivory, with some other earth tones mixed in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xanthus laid upon the hammock in the corner, in a very light sleep. A childhood of village-dwelling where predator attack was not uncommon had trained him to be a light sleeper and still get a good night’s rest. However, his lodgings with one Ichabod Payne were not quite what he'd anticipated. For one thing... when the inventor came home he was carrying an unconscious woman in his arms. And not just any woman, but the apothecary Xanthus had met earlier that day. He'd of course offered all the assistance he could to this Mr. Payne, and if he didn't know any better Xan would assume the pair were a couple... or on the verge of becoming one. The presence of Arianna Terris, however, was trivial.

More detrimental to a good night's sleep were the various inventions powered by magical crystals whirring, thumping, and scratching; the creaking of the house settling for the night; as well as the several bumps, thuds, and shouts of the inventor himself running into various items in the dark on the floor below. Between all of this the Carakleinian found it to be the most challenging of his nights thus far on his journey. It amazed him how Arianna, who occupied the bed across from his designated hammock, slept on without complaint. Then again... she was unconscious and perhaps these were usual noises the Alranians managed to tune out.

The whirring of a strange machine cementing his decision in being unable to sleep any longer, Xan peered out of the window. It was still quite dark out, yet the sun seemed to be slowly creeping into the horizon. Not entirely night, yet not quite twilight... one of his favorite times of day, not to mention the usual time when the Carakleinian started his day.

Climbing down from the hammock in a cat-like manner, Xanthus quietly gathered his things and dressed. He hoped he wouldn't wake the woman, for he was not accustomed to preparing for the day in the presence of one - asleep or awake. Giving her plenty of space, Xanthus left the bedroom in search of the house's owner, surprised that Ichabod himself had not taken the bed. Perhaps this was some ritual of hospitality?

Arriving to the little foyer and living room, Xan found his host curled up in an armchair, fast asleep, with a mouse it seemed curled up in his mop of reddish hair. Briefly he wondered if he should capture the mouse, but decided against it. Ichabod would've surely had gotten rid of it by now if it were anything out of the ordinary. 'Strange...' he mused and made to head for the door. The Carakleinian would find his own means to break fast instead of pawing through the larder here.

As he passed the sleeping Ichabod, Xanthus noticed the man seemed to be murmuring incessantly and incoherently in his dreaming state. Curiosity got the better of him as he leaned closer to hear...

"Arianna..." Ichabod murmured.

Yep... the name of the woman upstairs, Xan was absolutely positive of it. However, it was really none of his business that his host liked the apothecary. Yet, on the other hand, it was a kind gesture of Payne. Carakleinians were often more aloof, but then again, this wasn't Caraklein. If anything... the hospitable man looked Mystenian. It was interesting: what was a Mystenian doing having settled in Alrania? Was he a refugee, an immigrant, or had some other circumstances led him to be here?

Xanthus supposed it really mattered not...

Fastening the last clap on his cloak, Xanthus stood and took up his weapons - the spear Athanas, and the twin swords that were normally found at his waist. Given the inventor's seemingly accident-prone nature, he'd made certain that the weapons were out of sight and out of the assumed pathway of traffic.

With a glance back to the inventor, Xan made for the door, making sure to close it behind him before the mouse could maneuver to follow him properly. How on earth Ichabod could sleep with a rodent curled atop his head - in his hair - was beyond his comprehension.

The Carakleinian decided to put it out of his mind and attempt to recollect where his new student lived. Inhaling the crisp not-quite-morning air, Xan took the path he'd been instructed at a sort of half run; cloak open and hood down. Chilled air felt ever so refreshing upon his skin. Although, he reminded himself, such temperature would fade into warmth with the coming sun.

Last edited by King Oberon on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : slight change in plotting)
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive
Name: Cassie, Cara, Liam, Will, Elchanan, Arianna, Lyra and Anna

Ichabod’s Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ichabod’s Bedroom   Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:02 am

Arianna stired once the sunlight hit her face, she tied to turn and face away from the light however she now out of her deep sleep and about to notice the different feel of her bed... and different smell.. Why did her bed smell different?

As she became more awake she started to hear the strange sounds in the room machanical sounds.. hisses, squeeks, grinds... every noise waking her up ever more..

She sighed softly and rolled over again, the warm sunlight hitting her once again.. She blinked her eyes opened once and afew more times to get used to the light then she lifted her head and gassped softly when she noticed she wasn't in her room she was in someone else's.. How had she gotten here and why?

Blinking arond the room she looked very confused and if not a bit disorianteed..

The last thing she rememberd was going home with Ichabod.. So why was she here?

Then it occured to her she didn't remember ever actully getting home... She rubbed her back shoulder blade once she realized it was sore, had she a mirror she would have clearly seen a large briuse from her fainting on the ground...

Since the last person she remembered seeing was Ichabod she decided to try her luck and find him perhaps he could giver her answers.

"umm Ichabod are you here? She asked as she sat up in the bed moiving to stand and find her shoes so she wouldn't intrude any more.
Back to top Go down
https://legendkingdomcome.rpg-board.net
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

Ichabod’s Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ichabod’s Bedroom   Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:46 pm

Ichabod had risen from his place, curled up in an armchair, with a stretch. The mouse atop his head, named Evert, awoke similarly amidst the soft bedding that was its master’s strawberry locks. Green eyes glanced upward toward the rodent. “Morning, Evert!” he greeted the mouse in a blend of good cheer and half-sleep, removing the mouse from his hair. Holding the mouse eye level, Ichabod smiled at it. “What’s say we make something for Ari for breakfast, eh?”

A squeak from the mouse was his only answer. While many would debate it was a coherent response, Ichabod interpreted it as a murmuring of approval. Thus, standing now, Master and Mouse headed toward the kitchen to prepare a morning meal.

A simple wooden cart on wheels squeaked on its path to the bedroom, pushed by none other than Ichabod Payne. The inventor sincerely hoped the infernal noise – about fifty times the volume of Evert’s muttered mouse-language – would not wake the guests within his home. He really needed to oil the wheels at some point... just didn’t have the spare funds to make a trip to the smith for anything other than the scrap metals the Smith deemed undesirable. An alternative means would need to be found before the day was done.

While he deemed himself a decent enough cook, Ichabod glanced down at the meal he’d prepared and prayed Arianna at least would find it palatable. The cart also contained a variety of medicines, and a basin of water with cloth, the basin itself full of water and a couple of magic crystals meant to generate certain amounts of heat which he’d bought from a passing mystic some weeks ago. Recharged by the sun, the old man had said, the crystals would last many lifetimes.

The food was fairly simple, but arranged nicely: an earthenware bowl filled with porridge made of barley, fava beans, and some roast quail from the day’s lunch previous – with sage broth from said fowl’s preparation – dominated each of the three trays of food. Off to the left side was a plate with 2 slices of rye bread with a small dish of creamy butter; as well as a small dish of sliced apple spiced with an inexpensive, cinnamon-type spice called cassia. To the right for each person was a modest slab of cheese, and a mug of buttermilk to drink.

Ari’s tray, however, bore one further, special distinction: a yellow rose in a vase Ichabod had hand-blown himself. It had been his late wife’s favorite vase, for its variety of translucent color and distinctive, slightly twisty shape and flared, wavy mouth. Perhaps if Ari liked it just as much, the inventor supposed, he would give it to her as a gift.

Ichabod paused as he came to the door, not sure whether to knock or walk on in. He thought he’d heard a voice. Tentatively he opened the door and slowly poked his head in, prepared to pull back out in a hurry if he’d walked into a moment of privacy. “Ari...?”

He jumped when he noticed she was already awake. “Oh, y-you’re awake! Good!” he practically cheered, but in a quiet tone. Without thinking and seeing as she was decent he pushed open the door and wheeled the squeaking cart into the room. “I-I-I’ve brought you breakfast. Hope you like it... been a wh-while since I’ve actually cooked for anyone o-other than myself.”

Ichabod scarcely noticed he was a guest shy.

Rust-colored eyebrows knitted together with curiosity and concern. “How are you feeling?” he asked, suddenly aware he hadn’t even asked that yet.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

Ichabod’s Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ichabod’s Bedroom   Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Ari jumped slighlty and sat back down in the bed at Ichabods voice..

Her mouth gapped opened for a moment, he brought her breakfast?
She looked outside and was shocked to see it was morning light outside. She had spent the night...

"Ichabod what happened? How did I get here?" she asked obviously not remembering she had passed out enraut to her house.

She did take notice that the food he brought her smelt pleasent, and she did feel hungry... trueth be told she hadn't been eating as well as she should have lately...
"The food does smell good.." she said quietly... as she put her hand on her abdoman where her child suddenly kicked..

She looked down for moment when he asked how she felt.... she still felt worn out and weak.. not to mention now sore... but she did feel more refreshed then the did the day before...

"Little better then yesterday I guess, thank you" she said giving him a smile..
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

Ichabod’s Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ichabod’s Bedroom   Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:07 am

Ichabod couldn’t help but feel slightly uncomfortable at the open-mouthed response he got, not quite sure if it was a good reaction or a bad one. He decided to brush it off for now, reminding himself that Ari lived by herself. She was probably rather used to getting up to fix herself something to eat instead of being waited on. Well... today she was going to be spoiled with this treat of sorts, and that’s all there was to it; the notion made Ichabod’s smile widen a little and stay firmly rooted to his face.

Green eyes lowered slightly at her questions. The inventor tentatively decided to sit at the foot of the bed, and took Ari by the hand. “W-we were n-nearly to your place... wh-when you fainted. I-I didn’t want to intrude u-upon a L-lady’s house, s-so I brought you h-here, t-to m-m-my home...” Ichabod explained, his voice rather quieter than its normal. Personally, he feared she might think he was trying to pull the same stunt Stephen had. Not that he would ever think of doing something so vile...

He beamed at the compliment on the food, then jumped when Ari suddenly placed a hand to her abdomen. Was something wrong with the child? Did both mother and child get injured in the fall? Ichabod nearly panicked, but then remembered something about when his wife had been expecting their first child: quite often did the babe kick, causing Joan to react rather similarly. Slowly, the inventor climbed out of panic mode.

Concern caused lines to etch themselves into his face and forehead as Ari seemed rather... nervous? ... about him asking how she felt. However, at her words he smiled again. “I’m glad y-you feel at least a little b-better! ... H-had me w-worried... Is anything sore at all? A-anything else at all I-I can get for you?” he asked, giving the cart a nudge in Ari’s direction in hopes to persuade her to eat even just a little something.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

Ichabod’s Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ichabod’s Bedroom   Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Ari looked softly down at Ichabods hand over hers and listened to him explain what happened, she instantly felt bad that she had fainted and ichabod had to take her to his house and his bed from the look of it... She wouldn't have concidered a intrusion if he had taken her home.. her little shack she could hardly call a "ladies house" anyway.. her room with a bed a fireplace and a room with a table and chairs if she had company over...

"Thank you for sharing your home Ichabod, with Xanthus here as well it must have been a full house for you...I am sorry I casued so much trouble" she said quietly as she lowered her gaze. It didn't even cross her mind that Ichabod would ever Violate her as Stephen had.. No, she trusted Ichabod very much... he was one of her closest firends...and she cared for him like no other.

She blinked at him when he jumped and looked around wondering if there was a spider on her or something.

Nope no spider... she was about to ask what was wrong when he seemed to relax... Not wanting to make him nervous again she let it go...

A blush came to her pale cheeks when he mentioned she had worried him, she of course hadn't intended to, and she wished she were stronger so he wouldn't need to fuss over her.. At least he hadn't called Lilli.. she would have felt worse for messing up her firends plans for sword lessons that day.

She looked at him shyly for a moment when he asked if anything was sore... aside form the usual aches she had gotten used to her shoulder was very stiff from her fall when she fainted she supposed. She rubbed it absently still unaware it was badly burised with dark blues...

" Nothing I can't handle" she said softly and giving him a smile.

"And no, this is more then enough, thank so much Ichabod" she said as she picked up a slice of bread.. Then she noticed the Rose on her tray, she smiled and picked it up to smell it..

"I missed the smell of Roses" she muttered softly as she placed it back. "It's lovely Ichabod" she said before finally taking a bit of food, and the bread was lovely..

"Did you make all this?" she asked motioning to the breakfast.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

Ichabod’s Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ichabod’s Bedroom   Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:36 pm

Ichabod glanced at their hands and, when Ari didn’t seem to pull away, gently wrapped his fingers around her hand. After the excitement of the day prior, he was just glad that she was alright and was more than glad to open his home to her. The inventor would do so again and again in a heartbeat if the occasion called for it. It was actually pleasant, from his point of view, to have a guest in his house. Particularly since he happened to fancy her...

“T-trouble?” he asked incredulously, then shook his head. “No, no, no, no, no... That i-is one thing you are m-most definitely not, Ari.” As he said this, Ichabod gently placed the knuckle in the middle of his index finger beneath her chin to lift her gaze back up to his. “Y-you are m-most w-welcome, and welcome here a-anytime you wish,” the inventor added, just above a whisper.

Her expression clearly shy, Ichabod tried to smile reassuringly and managed a small one but was far more worried about her well-being at the moment to provide his trademark smile. He noticed her favor her shoulder for a few moments and wondered how he was going to tend to whatever ailed it without seeming to take advantage of the situation... A chuckle nearly escaped him at her reply. “Said by the woman with a baby on the way that refuses to rest,” he teased, making sure to keep his voice light and his demeanor concerned but not demanding.

What Ichabod would remember most about this morning for the rest of his days was the smile and delight upon Ari’s face when she noticed the rose. Her comment of missing the smell of said flowers made him want to seek out services to have some roses put into the landscape of his home, even though he knew not how to tend them. It was Ichabod’s turn to lower his gaze, out of thanks to her compliment, grinning ear to ear that despite yesterday’s troubles that his efforts seemed to bring her spirits up. Tentatively he pulled his own tray of food toward him, having completely forgotten about his second guest and not even noticing the Carakleinian man was missing, and immediately dunked his bread into the broth of the porridge.

"Did you make all this?"

“Mm...” Ichabod murmured, his mouth full when she had asked. After swallowing and clearing his throat, he articulated, “M-most of it, y-yes... the p-porridge, a-and the quail. O-our excellent baker is whom we have in part to thank for the bread and butter. As for the apple and cassia...” Ichabod had glanced down at his porridge and gone quiet for a moment, “... it was a favorite snack for me and my sister when we lived in M-Mystenia; often prepared hot by our mother. But, this way,” he paused again to gesture to the food, “this way is just as good.”

“... So, erm... yes. Yes, I did make this,” he finished, blushing slightly. “I do hope it’s alright...” To keep himself from rambling onward, Ichabod immediately busied himself by taking a long draft from his goblet of buttermilk.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

Ichabod’s Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ichabod’s Bedroom   Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Ari blinked as she listened to Ichabod try to assure her she was no trouble she felt a certain lightness or a flutter in her heart. It wasn't a bad thing... Ichabod was just so sincere she couldn't help but believe him. With his knuckle on her chin and the fact she wasn't completely shy she looked into is eyes, for the first time noticed how green they were, like her beloved forest, always ready and willing to welcome her. She opened her mouth to perhaps say something, but for a second she was at a loss of words..

"I... ah.. Thank you Ichabod, that means alot" she said in a whisper.

She blushed at his statement, mostly casue it was true, and out of her stuborness she refused to admit it. It was also out of her own Stuborness that she refused to rest as well, she felt embarrased for needing the extra rest. It was silly she knew, but it was the way she felt all the same.

"Its alright, I am sure this time... I think I just hit it when I fainted..." she said bashfully while fiddling with the rose in her hand. A sore shoulder I can handle... really." she said as she gave him a small smile.

Ari perked up in interest when Ichabod metioned a part of is past, it was a rareity she heard him talk of is Sister, his mother or Mystenia... She wasn't to sure what to say, she never had a "mother" figure in her life... and Her father wasn't a type to make her porridge.

She however did smile and took a mouthful of the porridge her self, and Ichabod was right it was really good.

"I it wonderful Ichabod, I can see why a mother would make this for her children..." she said, she wasn't sure why but it gave her a feeling of calm and warmth. A feeling much like she imgined a little Ichabod and his sister having as they ate the table...

Taking a drink of the milk as well she smiled at Ichabod "It is all wonderful, thank you" she said as she took another bit of bread...

As she slowly ate, trying to be careful not to spill anything on Ichabods bed, she put a thoughtful look on her face. she felt a curiouosity about Ichabods family, what were they like?... how did the become sperated... she wanted to ask.. yet. To ask of something so personal seemed rude, especial since it was a topic related to potential trama.

"Ichabod? could I ask you something, ah... about your family? It is alright if you don't, I am just curious.... What were they like?" she asked timidly hopeing she wasn't over stepping.. she just knew so little of they part of her firends life.
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

Ichabod’s Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ichabod’s Bedroom   Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:30 pm

Ichabod watched intently as her hands fiddled with the rose, though jumped back to her gaze the moment she spoke. “I-If you’re sure...” he trailed off with a nod and a smile, not doubting her but still concerned. “But in the event y-you wish me to t-take a look at it... I-I shall...” the inventor offered meekly, followed by the sensation that he had stuck his whole head a little to close to a flaming-hot furnace.

Arianna’s increase in interest when he spoke of his past did not slip passed Ichabod’s notice. He usually made it a point not to speak of his past, for a few reasons. Firstly he was marginally aware that Jahan V was very much against the Alranian king... and Ichabod had been under the tyrant’s employ as a child. Wasn’t that treason on some sort of level, to one side or the other? It had always been one of his fears that should Jahan attempt to take over Alrania – something that even the Mystenian peasants knew was plausible what with the sovereign’s thirst for battle – that Jahan would find Ichabod and bring him back under the whip to create even bigger, better machines of war.

Secondly were the bittersweet memories he held regarding his past. How he had loved each member of his family, and how each had perished in the attack that decimated their entire village, or under torture. There were still times, despite it being fifteen long years ago, where he still grieved their deaths as though they occurred mere days hence. Chances were taken in discussing his past that could either result in sad smiles of reminiscence or a complete emotional breakdown. Ichabod never wanted to risk the latter, and thus he held his lost family within his heart and mind but rarely shared them. His last reason for not sharing such information was because Arianna had not spoken much of her own family, and thus he assumed matters of family were not a territory to enter into.

“Y-you’re welcome. I-I’m surely not the best cook in the village, but it’s edible at least. Th-thank you…” Ichabod murmured quietly and with light jest of his cooking abilities at her compliment between mouthfuls. He wasn’t really sure what else to say regarding meals his mother prepared and how many tries it took for him to get his favorites right.

Ichabod tried to eat slowly so that he and Ari would finish at approximately the same time, but he was rather used to eating quickly and then getting right back to work. It was a habit instilled in him back as a semi-slave to Jahan V, and stuck with him ever since. Noticing finally that his other guest was nowhere in sight, Ichabod grabbed the cheese off of what was to be Xanthus’s tray and offered it in little pieces to Evert the Mouse, who sat now perched upon his master’s knee.

"Ichabod? Could I ask you something, ah... about your family? It is alright if you don't, I am just curious.... What were they like?"

Ichabod blinked in surprise at this, setting his emerald gaze upon similar orbs of jade. Evert hopped into Ichabod’s outstretched hand to continue devouring the offered cheese in tiny bites. She wanted to know about his family? Absently his free left hand went to a stretch of forearm upon his right, where a scar still lingered beneath the cloth of his sleeve. “My family...” he murmured, setting cheese and mouse upon the footboard of the bed so as not to get cheese crumbs into the bedding.

“W-we lived in one of the m-mountainous regions of Mystenia... p-peasants, of course. My parents were good people... S-sarah, my mother, was a simple homemaker. She always t-took care of us and made sure we had enough to eat d-despite our meager status in society. Most days all she truly cared about was that my sister and I were clean, healthy, and happy. A-and that we stayed out of trouble. Woe betide you if you were in trouble with her... though she was not overly strict. There wasn’t a day that went by that I didn’t see at least one smile upon her face...” Ichabod explained, a small smile coming to his own face. It was slightly sad, and the emerald eyes blinked and lowered briefly.

“My father, Richard, was an inventor. I-I suppose I am much like him. I was also his apprentice in the craft. A bit more strict than my mother, but I l-loved him all the same. Great man... and a bit more successful than his own son t-turned out to be in terms of how many of his inventions received renown.” Ichabod dragged his gaze back to Ari’s face, and his smile widened a fraction. “Y-you would swear he could f-fix the entire world if only he had the right pieces... because he could fix just about everything else... o-or at least tried...” The grip Ichabod had upon his forearm at the start of his tales tightened a little at these words.

“Lastly there was my sister... Corinna. We often just called her Cora. She was a year younger than me. Sweet-disposition and with keenly sharpened wit... not even the darkest demons could turn her skies bleak with despair. I used to steal parchment and charcoal from under the noses of Jahan the Fifth’s chief officers for her. Her passion was drawing, you see... and she was a spectacular artist even at the tender age of seven. I am... was... very close to her.

“... Gaia rest their souls...”
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

Ichabod’s Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ichabod’s Bedroom   Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 10:54 pm

Ari nodded with a smile on her face as she absently watched the little mouse on Ichabods hand as his master fed him. It must have been nice to have a little pet like that.

She looked at Ichabod intently as he told her of his family, she could almost picture them as he discribed them. However as he continued telling her about them she began to regret bringing them up as she could clearly see that talking about his family.. who was so very curely torn away form him... was hurting him and that certainly had not been her intent.

How stupid of her, she should have known... why did she have to ask?

Feeling horrible for making him feel sad, and wanting to try and fix it she sat up a bit more and placed her hand on top of his...

" I.. I am sorry Ichabod.. I wasn't thinking.. I am so sorry" she whispered.

“... Gaia rest their souls...”

She gave his hand a squeeze, trying to keep to pained and guilty expression off her face.. with little success...

"I am sure they are watching over you Ichabod.... from what you say of them, I am sure they would be honored with the life you have made your self." she said. From what Ichabod said of them she was sure it was true..

She raised her other arm and patted his shoulder, now feeling she owed him something, she bit her lip feeling horrible, as she franticly tried to think of something to make it up to him.

She wasn't sure what to do...

Swallowing the growing lump in her throat, she looked at him again trying to say something more... but all that came out was.. "I am sorry".
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

Ichabod’s Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ichabod’s Bedroom   Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:00 pm

Ichabod’s hand shifted beneath Ari’s, slightly jumpy, but quickly enough turned so that they might hold hands if she wished it. Green eyes lifted to meet hers. Sorry? Brown eyebrows knotted together in confusion, though relaxed a moment later and nodded. “I-it’s alright... th-they should b-be r-remembered... e-every then and a-again,” he replied softly, a small smile curling one corner of his mouth at the squeeze of her hand. He squeezed her hand in return.

"I am sure they are watching over you Ichabod.... from what you say of them, I am sure they would be honored with the life you have made your self."

The inventor nodded. “I-I would c-certainly like to think so. Th-they were good people a-and did not d-deserve the way in which...” he trailed off, unable to finish his sentence. “I would like to think at least one of my uncles, Tarquin, made it out alive. He was a bit mad... moreso than usual... but kind and crafty all the same. Thought I seen someone a bit like him once in town, but when I went to find out he was gone.”

His response to the contact was instant. In his mind it was almost as if Joan were beside him again, offering solace. Ichabod leaned into the contact and closed his eyes in an attempt to keep himself from shedding tears. It wouldn’t do him or Arianna any good, and were his father present it would be claimed that men didn’t cry. Ichabod felt guilty for making Ari feel bad – something he could clearly hear in her voice. Despite being acutely nervous that the gesture would not be appreciated, Ichabod placed his free hand on her shoulder. He didn’t feel it quite right to place his arm around her, much as he would’ve liked to. “Don’t be. I... I-I think if they were h-here... th-they’d want me t-to share them with you...” he murmured. “It is an old hurt, but at least one person from my ‘new’ life knows about them now.” Ichabod smiled then, trying to lift Ari’s mood.

“I-I shall fetch you something of Joan’s to wear and see if it’ll fit, a-and leave you in peace to dress...” he said, suddenly changing the subject. Ichabod then stood and made a beeline for an old trunk in the room, the lock of which was embossed with an ornate ‘J’. He wore the key to it around his neck, beneath his clothing, and opened the heavy chest to reveal a neatly-packed lady’s wardrobe that hadn’t seen the light of day for years.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cassandra
The Royal Queen
The Royal Queen
Queen Cassandra

Personal Archive

Ichabod’s Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ichabod’s Bedroom   Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:20 am

Ari almost thought Ichabod would reject her hand, when he twitched, perhaps it was a uncomfortable guesture for him.. and she most certainly didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable. No she had done enough damage... However when he seemed to relax and open his hand up to hers she almost sighed in relief.

Ari lightly held his hand, with the thought she was conforting him in mind.. as much as he seemed to be conforting her.

“I would like to think at least one of my uncles, Tarquin, made it out alive. He was a bit mad... moreso than usual... but kind and crafty all the same. Thought I seen someone a bit like him once in town, but when I went to find out he was gone.”

Ari blinked, so one of his relatives could be alive? For Ichabod sake she hope he was as well, thought it would be torturous to not be sure if her loved ones were dead or Alive. She knew her human parents were dead, and she could feel for a fact Loki was very alive.. she could image the unsureness was unsettleing.

"If there is anyway I can help find out if he is alive, just say the word' she offered hoping there was something.

Ari swallowed a the lump in her throat and the thumbing in her heart with it looked like Ichabod was trying not to cry as he leaned into her touch. The mere thought of seeing even one tear come down his kind face was heart breaking. Thankfully however she saw no tears and he placed his hand on her shoulder as well.. she enjoyed the thought behind it so much she completely ignored her throbing brusied shoulder Ichabod was holding.

“Don’t be. I... I-I think if they were h-here... th-they’d want me t-to share them with you...It is an old hurt, but at least one person from my ‘new’ life knows about them now.”

She smiled in return at his smile, "Thank you Ichabod" she whispered sincerly.

“I-I shall fetch you something of Joan’s to wear and see if it’ll fit, a-and leave you in peace to dress...”

She binked as she looked at the chest and looked back to Ichabod, slightly thrown of the sudden suggestion.

"Are you sure? I mean..." she look unsurely at the chest.. these had been his wifes after all.. She didn't want to take advantage or disrespectfull or anything. She wanted to make sure that was what he wanted...

She got up from the bed as well, and followed Ichabod to where the chest was, still bitting her lip she looked from the chest to Ichabod.. seeking assurence..
Back to top Go down
King Oberon
Lower Classman
Lower Classman
King Oberon

Personal Archive

Ichabod’s Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ichabod’s Bedroom   Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:10 am

As Ari held his hand (or was he holding hers?) he couldn’t help but draw from the gesture a measure of comfort. At the same time, he hoped that perhaps the action would also comfort her if she needed it. Ichabod nodded at her offer, glanced down, and licked his lips as if to prepare to speak. “I-if it is not too much trouble, perhaps... M-might I impose u-upon you t-to check the m-market? He d-dresses... oddly, but not d-distastefully so. T-Tarquin Payne u-used to be a t-tailor,” he asked tentatively. “I-I almost dread th-that my mind was p-playing tricks upon m-my eyes...”

The head of auburn hair tilted slightly as his friend glanced from him and to the chest a few times. Similar dark-red eyebrows furrowed in confusion before following Arianna’s eyes once again to the chest. Perhaps where she came from it was disrespectful to wear the clothes once belonging to the dead? Was that the custom here, he wondered? Ichabod had never really asked into it, not truly knowing the answer to this riddle. From his place crouched upon the floor, he noted with amusement that Ari looked terribly tall.

Ichabod slowly stood, and tentatively took Ari’s hands in his. A small smile lined the inventor’s face. “I am m-more than sure. J-Joan was a woman of g-great heart – she would want you t-to, I am certain of it. A-And I am sure, too. Anything I-I can do to help... a-all you n-need is to ask,” he replied, his tone solid even though his words contained that eternal stutter. The man wondered if he would ever truly be rid of it while near a lady or if he was simply stuck with the issue.

“D-do you prefer any p-p-particular c-color?” he asked shyly. Personally, Ichabod thought Ari looked great in just about anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ichabod’s Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ichabod’s Bedroom   Ichabod’s Bedroom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ichabod’s Bedroom
Page 1 of 1